MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Taking a poll here........how many of you......

mrszouave

Throw caution to the wind and disregard the warning on your Q-Tip label.......and actually clean your Whole ear???

I mean.....why do they make those things so nice and cottony soft...and long enough to reach your tonsils if they didn't want you to do a nice job cleaning?

And why does it make ya cough??

Well if there are those of you who wouldn't dare to do a good job cleaning because of the warning or because your MOM told you not to stick anything smaller than your elbow in your ear.......you sure will come in handy in an elecrical outage......just gotta stick a wick in your ear...and light ya.

deb

------------------

debbieLee1.jpg

I must confess...I'm a rebel at heart!!

I totally disregard the Q-tip safety rule in order to have a veggie-free garden in my ears.

Coughing??? Me never smile.gif

Ewwwwww this reminds me of a family I once knew that cleaned the wax from their childrens ears and fed it to thier cats; claiming that ear wax had healing qualities cats needed to digist hairballs and such. Yes, they were very much cat people.

I could never ever bring myself to do this...worried that my cat would want more than I could give him...and attack my ears in my sleep. ewwwww!

------------------

eaglew.jpg

I used to do that until I learned about the wonders of peroxide. Now I just boil my ears out once a month and can even hear better as a result of it.

This was taught to me by a Dr, so it must be safe. Tickles a lot though at first.

Hill

Debbielee,

That rates up there with the tag that is on everyones mattress. That says "Do not Remove

for under Penalty of Law". I confess, I rip them suckers right off as soon as the mattress gets Home. About the ear wax, I just let it build up to aggrevate my Doctor.

I hate those flashlights that they stick in your ear and look through it. He's always giving me heck for that....just kidding...

wet wipes work wonders.

------------------

Always Seek&Follow the Light.....Wheeler

Um, I confess I use them the "wrong" way blush.gif If I didn't on my son he'd quickly lose all hearing due to massive buildup of ear wax. I swear the kid need his ears cleaned every day! I have thought about buying the ear cleaning solutions at the drug store but I've never tried it.

------------------

becca.jpg

I always cleaned my ears with q-tips until my doctor told me not to. The only time I didn't pay attention to her is when I had to see her so I cleaned my ears as best I could without the q-tips and as she is examining my ears I see her wiping off the scope and I asked her what she was doing and she said wiping ear wax off the tip of the scope. Totally embarrassing. I didn't listen to her so called waxy words of wisdom after that waxy visit and I am back to using the tips.