MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Happy 4th of July!!!!!!

mommafitz

Mornin' Ya'll!!!! americanflag

I am officially on vacation until Monday!!!! clapsmilie

I will be hanging around the house doing some cleaning that I've wanted done forever. Canning season will be in full force soon and I want my kitchen deep cleaned. We will be busy as in jumping in with both feet starting next week-football, work, possible job change for hubby, canning, school in August.....We do have a day trip planned on Saturday to a music and craft festival we try to attend every year. Fun!!! dancing

I have zucchini bread baking in the oven. feedme Our zucchini and cukes will be coming in soon. We have lots of blooms. Maybe pickles in our future! canning The tomato plants are doing great and the watermelon plants (with blooms) are looking fabulous!!!!!

I will be buying our green beans from the farmers market for canning. The corn plants around TN look pitiful. Corn will be scarce. The late freeze and current drought are making for a bad crop season.

We have raw shrimp, chicken breast strips, bell peppers, and vidalia onions marinating in the fridge. We will have all of that grilled plus corn on the cob and baked potatoes for todays dinner. We're going to watch fireworks at dark thirty. Sounds like a good day!

What do ya'll have planned for today?

Make it a wonderful day!!!!!!

mommafitz

Goodmorningfruit.gif everyone.

FLAG1.gif

Sounds like you are going to be one busy person this week, mommafitz.

I'm not going to do anything I don't have to today. We will be grilling sometime around noon and then a quick bite this evening and off to the fireworks. Of course we won't be seeing any of them until about 9:30 or 10:00 since it is so light late in the evenings, but that is fine. But, Old Pine will probably take a nap this afternoon as he has to go to work tomorrow.

I do hope everyone has a great 4th.

PROUDTOBEANAMERICAN.gifFLAG1.gifMEMORIALDAY9.jpg

tn_Spel171FORTHOFJULY.jpgth4thflowers.gifth4thmflags.gifthfireworkseag.gifthjuly4thstarandbear.gif2d568b53.jpgth111111.gif

My son decided to sleep until 1:00!!! But since my friend decided to pay a couple of college age girls from church to take her daughters to Busch Gardens, she and I hung around her pool all afternoon. I floated, she laid on the deck, and we talked and just enjoyed the silence. A most relaxing day.

Happy Independance Day, everyone!!! :usaflag2:

Archived