MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Mondays Dinner Menu and cost per plate.

Tonights meal is:

Open Faced Left over Hot Roast Beef and Gravy Sandwiches

Roasted Carrots

Small side salad

For Dessert- Fresh watermelon, cantalope and honeydoo melon balls.

Total Cost for the meal per plate- 2 dollars and 28 cents.

14 cents for my serving of Jello and 1/3 cup of leftover frozen turkey soup- 30 cents.

I'm making roasted dead whole chicken....with onion stuffed under the skin.....roasted till crispy and golden brown....

Baked sweet potato and fresh broccoli....no dessert....well....maybe a little icecream...(but that's later...while watchin fear factor......gotta try to eat quickly before they eat horsie testicles )

Let's seeeeeee...cost....i got my chicken buy one get 2....so i'd say it cost $5 ...pots....$1.50 (they are huge) broccoli...$1.25....$7.25 for 3 servings...

I think I did pretty good tonight, but DH throws it off. He's trying to lose weight & had a salad & a grapefruit.

4 chicken breasts (bought on sale, probably cost $3.50?), 1 can cream of mushroom soup (store brand, sale, 49 cents), 2 cups Minute Rice (4 pound box @ Sam's Club for under $4... abt. 50 cents??), 1/2 cup milk, applesauce (sale, used 1/4, abt. 25 cents), broccoli (sale, used half, abt. 50 cents).

Browned chicken in skillet, took out, added a bit of chicken boullion mixed with water, the milk, the can of soup, and when those were mixed, added the Minute rice. Sliced the chicken, placed it back in, covered & cooked until rice & chicken were finished.

Cooked broccoli, served with chicken & rice & applesauce.

If DH had not eaten differently, I would've served 5 for under $6.00.

As it is, I have leftovers for tomorrow.