MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I went swimming!

JCK88

woohoo It is late October--I live in New Hampshire--and I went swimming today in an ice-cold quarry not far from my house! I can't believe I did this so late in the year. I can't believe I actually got into that water, either. The top of the water is warm, though. SO I tried to swim just on the top part. Wow...my friend Sandy swam across and lounged on the distant rocks in the sun. I went to the middle of the quarry and lounged in the sun on a raft that was there. The acoustics are amazing in that place. We could just chat across it and hear each other quite well....

It all was blue sky, red leaves, and clear, clear water. Did I mention it was 82 degrees F here today? Tonight we expect the cold front and back to normal temps. So I suppose this day will stand out for years to come as the latest I went swimming.....

WOW (it was just so beautiful I'm still tingling from it and it's nearly midnight here now)

Oh, it sounds wonderful Judy!!! I bet it's a gorgeous place. We were in New Hampshire, our first time, 3 years ago and it's a beautiful sate.

It's 35 here as I write and we started the cornstove this morning.........82 sounds like a much nicer temperature!!!

GOODMORNINGDOGONSWING.gif you two and anyone else who comes. smile

That sounds just so great, Judy. smile Wonder if you will do it again next year. smile

Right now we have 43º and the sun is coming through the clouds. Yesterday was so nice, not a cloud in the sky and I think our high got up to at least 65º smile Oh, there was ice on the bird bath yesterday too. frown Poor birds, I did break it so they had water. smile Will have to get the cord out there soon, so it will stay warm for them.

We have had our furnace running for weeks now. frown

psycoturtle.gifHAPPYTUESDAY10.gifHUGS28.gif

Dee and Snowmom....I can't wait for wood stove season to arrive in earnest. I actually am tired of heat and humidity! We have not yet had our first killing frost here. This is very unusual, believe me. Usually, we would be running the stove for at least a week now.

Ice on the birdbath! Yep, that's coming soon here, too.

Archived