MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Stress Supplement Suggestion?

sparkysarah

I know that lemon balm (melissa) is a great herb for calming. There are also a lot of good homeopathic meds out there for stress and the L-Theonine sould help some too but truthfully, the one tried and true way to deal with stress is to figure out where it's coming from and then deal with it directly either by finding a way to avoid it or by adjusting your attitude towards it. Easier said than done but a lot better than trying to cover it up with either herbs, supplements, or medication.

Let us know how your supplement works.

((( Sparkysarah )))

Hugs all

I did get a little bit of a warm, fuzzy feeling from the L-Theanine. So, hopefully it will help me get through this. I've never been under any stress like this in my life thus far. I know what is causing my stress. I'm trying to let go of it as it is out of my control. I guess in your words I'm trying to adjust my attitude towards the things that I am finding stressful. It's not life or death...so I should move on!

I agree with Mother, deal with your stress directly, don't try to medicate the stress away. That being said, sometimes that advice isn't so easy, is it!?! I know, so I'm going to agree with Mother yet again and totally endorse the Lemon Balm.

Instead of diet soda, I drink an "almost" decaff iced green/black tea blend infused with lemon balm and stevia. It has been a lifesaver. I feel so much more relaxed without all the caffeine and if the lemon balm adds to the calming affect, I'm all for it! Besides, it's easy to grow! In fact, some people consider lemon balm to be a pernicious weed! (do a "lemon balm" search in the Garden Web forum!)

Good Luck!

L-Theanine is a derivative from tea. So it is all natural. After I bought it at the health food store I researched it here at home on the computer. It is completely safe (tea is safe). No toxicity, no side effects, no drug interactions.

Anyhow, I think the stuff is amazing. I thought it would take a week or two to kick in. It was within an hour. I feel so at ease. I feel like I have control back. I have no anxiety, do not feel over-stressed or depressed. Wow! The house got cleaned, I got the sleep sacks made for my niece who will be born in a couple of weeks, I even started making jewelry. I am getting so much done in a day, it's wonderful....I can say enough good things about it.

I am writing this because if someone is needing "emotional support" I want them to know about this stuff. I know I'm not the only one, I just happened to not want to suffer any more, but wanted an all natural alternative.

SARAH

I'm happy you are finding relief Sarah, please keep us informed as you go along to see the long term benefits.

((( )))

Thanks for the information. I'm going to pick up some L-theanine today. My stress level is really high right now and I'm having trouble just letting go and letting God. I've never been unemployed in my life, until recently. The job seach is taking much longer than I anticipated and my frustration level is quite high. Maybe this will help.

Archived