MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I wanted to share....

happygirl

I know I haven't shared here for a while. I remember how depresed (okay, not terribly depressed!) that I wasn't losing weight.

In Sept. '06, I found out that I had a, hmmmmm, condition, that didn't allow me to lose weight (something to do with my insulin!).

So, now on medication, I've lost about 45lbs since then! Woooohoooo!

And now, I'm going to start going to Curves and try to get into better shape. I can't wait! I start Monday.

I'm 5'8", and weighed in this morning at just under 190lbs. Okay, 188, but at the end of the day, it was 191, so I compromize.

My goal is to get down at least to 165lbs, and if possible, 155lbs. What do you think? Is it possible? Can I do it? I know I can, I just hope to convince myself of that! grin

Of course you can! Look how far you've come since 'Point A'!! Now you even closer to your goals! Justathought: Maybe set your very next goal a little bit closer...say 180 lbs. After you reach that, reset your goal to 170 lbs. And so on...

Smaller bites + more victories = greater success all the way around!

Best wishes!!!!!

thank you, tocaya! (don't know what that means? It's Spanish....same name! grin)

My original goal was 200. Then 195. Now I've set my eyes on the prize....but yes, I see what you mean....

The thing is, I've not really changed my lifestyle. Really. No diets, no excersize. So I'm really looking forward to what Curves can do! I hope....

So. Chocolate? grin

GOODMORNING3-1.jpg

Wow, HappyGirl, you have done so good. smileCONGRATULATIONS13.jpg

You have been doing so well, be sure to count your miles and post them. smile

I wish I could get down a few more pounds, I am only 5'1 1/2 inches, now, I use to be 5'2" but with age, came the loss of bone and 1/2 inch. frown

I need/want to get down another well, let me see, at least 15 pounds, but, I just can't seem to get rid of it. frown I've only lost about 18 pounds in the past 6 years. It just doesn't want to leave me. frowncryingbluetears.gif

I'm so happy for you HappyGirl. smile

HAVEAGOODDAYWINTERGIRLANDSNOWMAN.gifWINTERHUGS.gif

GOODMORNING3-1.jpg

Well, I don't know what they have at curves, but, the treadmill will have the miles on it, as will a bike. The other things, you can count, keep track of he minutes, and count 1 mile per 30 minutes of the hard stuff and 1 mile per hour for the easier things. smile I guess anything using your feet, as if you are walking, it would be the same as the walking. Weights and such, would be 1 hour, 1 mile. smile

I hope this helps you. smile

HUGS3-2.gifHAVEAGOODDAYWINTERGIRLANDSNOWMAN.gif

• 1 month later...

Archived