MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Marriage - I hope I'm not the only one

JMMA

I recently searched desperatly help for a place where I could meet married women and find advice...My life is fast paced filled with daily tasks and activities ranging from work,duties at home and church...everyday of the week is something to do...I help other women and the youth in my church and my friends are people that I'm helping with their own christian life so I cant really open up to anyone about my own issues..does that happen to anyone else? I have my sister but shes unmarried and is someone that I can only vent with. These things you cant just share with family because in the end it might change the way they see your marriage (not that I want to feel perfect, but I choose not too). With marriage one day seems like the last of it! and the other you are back at it for life! So during this rollercoaster of mine I found this place...I wanted to open this forum to meet other women like myself. A place to open up mingle and BE! God has been the only one with me through it all! Talk to me. thanks

bighugwelcome6

I'm so glad you've joined us; if you need a ear to listen or a shoulder to cry on you couldn't have come to a better place!

I think sometimes the Lord brings people together...even on the internet...to be support for each other as they face challenges in different areas of their lives.

Glad you're here!! star

Jimma...I've got a listening ear. It's hard when you are trying to always "set an example" to show others your own troubles and get help from them. However, sometimes when others we have given to have the chance to give back to us it is like we gave them another gift. Something to think about anyway. Hugs and welcome!

Hello Everyone! Thanks for all the warmth! Unfortunatly becuase of work I dont get to visit as often!!! Is Valentines day supposed to be more meaningful when you are married?? Well for us it was a regular day..I always go all out. But Hubby lost his job and that just took all of our energy...I dont have children, I know a lot of you here do...Anyone married for 3-5 years??? I'm going on 3 years...so!!! You can imagine why sometimes I need all the advice I can GET!!! I know God is dealing with me. Especially with my character I can be quiet and too myself but I have a point of view, my own way of seeing things and goodness my own way of wanting things done....but I know that molding is part of God building his own character in me...and in the end I want to be more and more like him! Well I look forward to many more discussions...feel free to share your own experiences!

LOL JMMA! It was just a regular day here too. Spent only 10 minutes with DH all day long. He came home with a migraine and went to sleep.. when he woke up he told me it was my turn for the gym.. Then my ignorant self decided not to bring a coat or a hat.. and my car broke down so I froze my nookies off!.. I got to see him for the 10 minutes that it took for him to save me LOL

Hmm you been married 3 years and you both are still breathing!! Thats impressive LOL

Been married 13 almost 14 years so I know what 3-5 feels like.

WOw Jewlzm sounds like quite a journey...absolutley awesome! I cant imagine what that will feel like. My husband and I are told we look very young and everyone is just so surprised at 3 years of marriage...we just look at each other and smile like its SUCCESS...but it has its times where its like a;lkdjfl;aksdjf;alsdkjfa;slkdjfasl;dkfja jejejeje I know you gals know what I mean. We recently thought we were pregnant...I was soo late! two pregnacy test and a blood test later...it was a negative. WE were very nervous because we want to plan our pregnancies but just the thought of children made us realize we needed to start creating a better enviroment for future kidoes...we want to establish things like reading the word before we go to bed...not rasing our voices and settling disputes quickly that sorta thing. So it really got us thinking...our homes wernt exactly perfect I mean our moms were our Heroes but our dads lacked so much...so we want to be better parents. prob. in 2 more years! Because afterall when is the right time??

JMMA, I'd like to recommend a book for you. It's called 'Captivating' and its written by John and Staci Eldredge. I'm thinking you'll probably really like it. Might be good for your husband too. Also, John Eldredge has written a book for/about men called 'Wild at Heart'. I highly recommend that for him. You might want to read it also. Eldredge's first book (with Curtis?) is called 'Sacred Romance'. Not a book about marriage but it is a book about the 'romance of God' toward all of us. Very highly recommended.

Archived