MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

new hot and spicy creation

Recently I have been cooking occassionally for a hot and spicy eater coming to visit, and we created some delicious cheap and simple dishes.

First Chilli bacon rolls (oh so simple)

Prefered ingredients per roll.

1 wide and thick smoked back bacon rasher(apple, maple, hickory works well)

Strong mature cheddar cheese grated.

Red or green chilli, not too thick.

Extras...

Chilli flakes

chilli powder etc...

Grill the bacon,

Add the cheese and melt it on top. just lightly.

whilst thats melting place the chillies beside the bacon, until the cheese is done.

Place the chilli on one edge of the bacon, and roll the bacon up. pierce and seal it closed with a cocktail stick or similar, frill for a few minutes more.

Once thats nicely crisp at the edges of the bacon but softer in the middle, sprinkle some paprika if you wish but a little more chilli on top of it all.

make sure you pierce the chilli properly otherwise it will slide out in the first bite.

Recipe 2

Lightly spicy noodles

1 pack egg noodle (blue dragon brand)

1 Flavoured OXO cube, stock cube of any flavour will do but chicken or veg works very well.

1/2 tea spoon of the following

garlic salt

chille powder

black pepper

mixed herbs

chilli flakes freshly ground

Cook the noodles, completely drain them but save half serving bowl size of water.

place water back in pot, add all ingredients bar flakes and simmer whilst stirring for 5-7 minutes.

Add flakes to noodles before they dry out and mix well

pour noodles back into pot after sauce is ready, mix well and serve.

To make a good feast, put a bacon chilli cheese roll on top of the noodles and serve with chopsticks..

I will get pics up for you...

It is spicy, but not as spicy as all that, only about a number three out of around ten. we can only get pretty weak chillies here in super market, however if you want a cooler treat...

Cut the chillies in half length ways and add mayo to it.

Then after wards maybe even have some garlic and mayo sauce with onion rings...

Mmmm Yummy

But the mayo does wonders for the flavour too... I will keep experimenting till I get this one perfect though, it's very close already.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived