MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Homemade Antibiotic/Antiviral

GoatLady

As if a broken collarbone isn't bad enough, 3yo picked up a nasty bug from the hospital bangwall . Sore throat, cough, runny nose, fever (since she's taking advil & tylenol for pain, the fever must be quite high to feel it with all the meds!) I'd rather NOT go back to the hospital if I can so I pulled out the fixins and made some of my homemade antibiotics (antiviral too so it knocks out all kinds of bugs.) Within 30 minutes of her first dose she was already acting more normal (not 100% normal, but she's not all lethargic and depressed like she was). Anyhoo, here's the recipe.

1 tsp garlic tincture

1 tsp colloidal silver

3/4 tsp raw honey

1/4 tsp (1/2 tsp for adults) ecchinacea tincture

mix well. This makes one dose and you want to take 3 times a day (I don't mean you take 1/3 of the dose each time, I mean make this 3 times a day)

praying for your kid. where could i get the ingredients for the stuff you listed. i posted my flu store as a prayer in the where the heart is. but i would love to have it on had for later. thanks for posting copying it to show my husband.

I made the garlic tincture myself (fill a pint jar with halved garlic cloves, fill with vodka (I use 40% as that's the highest proof I can get, I hear 50% is just right) cap and let sit for 8 weeks. Strain out the garlic and keep the tincture in a dark place. The other stuff I get from the health food store.

• 2 weeks later...

I am really impressed now that I've had a chance to have 2 kids sick with the same thing, one taking rescribed antibiotics and one taking this recipe. They both improved in the same amount of time, how is THAT for potent!? I've altered the recipe slightly, no amount of sweetening is going to make this palatable so I dropped the amount to reduce the dose size, this makes it easier to take, also it makes enough for a 3 day round of it which was enough to knock out this throat infection (don't know for sure if it's strep as they didn't swab, but it was real nasty) you can take 2 or even 3 rounds of this if needed.

3 tbsp raw honey (you can use maple syrup, but raw honey has microbe fighting properties of its own)

1 tbsp echinacea tincture

1/4 cup colloidal silver

1/4 cup garlic tincture

mix well and keep in fridge. Dosage is 1 tbsp three times a day.

Yes that sounds rather nasty.

Archived