MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Fix my Food Saver?

Suz

It appears that the teenagers melted the backside of my Foodsaver over the weekend. Guess it was to 'heavy' to move away from the stove before cooking breakfast mad

So now my Foodsaver isn't working, the back panel is a bit warped and I can see a circuit board. Is there any fix for this, some sort of blown internal fuse that I overlooked? I am 1000% certain the outlet is functioning and its the sealer not my household wiring. Whats a girl to do?

If there was any good that came out of this, I was able to figure out to use my household vacuum hose with the mason jar sealer attachment. Worked awesome and perhaps someone who wanted a Food Saver just for jars could save some $ by purchasing just the mason jar attachment.

Hmmmm

How I did it was place the jar attachment over the filled mason jar with a mason jar lid per the norm. Then I placed the hose for my vac over the jar thing a ding and let it rip smile

Once the motor on my (Bissel) vac changed pitch, it was done. When I say changed pitch, sort of when you suck up a sock and the motor starts to whine.

Hate to say it, worked quicker then the darn foodsaver.

(best part is if you dont have the foodsaver machine, I believe the jar attachement is only about $6 on Amazon!)

I'm awful at explaining things but if anyone needs more info on using your vacuum to seal a jar, holler!

Now I have no immediate need for a Foodsaver, going to put that money towards something else. Are you going to replace yours Cricket?

Darned teenagers would have to get off their lazy butts and get a job first. This is our future, be very afraid! LOL

I probably will, because I like to vacum seal bags of flour and other things that my little Reynold's Handi-Vac can't accomodate.

I definately want to try the jar thing with my Hoover, though!! I absolutely know what it sounds like when a sock is sucked up and the pitch of the moter changes! vacuuming

• 2 weeks later...

Archived