MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What is Kool Aid?

Deblyn

I seem to recall reading somewhere that it could be used for dying - is this true? If it is, then what on earth does it do to your insides! Sounds horrific. Wish I'd never asked!! Thanks for enlightening me.

------------------

lowlander.jpg

I don't know about using it for a dye, but it will leave a color on your fingers for a while if you get it on them. But, kids and some adults love to drink it. smile.gif

We make our punch using Kool Aid. smile.gif It is a very good punch too. smile.gif

But, I agree, if it is used as a dye, it is not a good idea to have it inside our bodies.

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

Hey Lowlie a lot of kids over hear use it to temporarily dye their hair........ especially the blue, comes out when washed, Don't ever try if thought because it stains everything and only works if you are blond...... Tried it with my son a few years ago, because everyone was doing it.

grin.gif

------------------

brigid.gif

Cool Brigie......i didn't know that!

Lowie......it also comes pre-mixed with sugar.......just add water.....the cranberry/raspberry is good....and the tropical punch.......when you buy the packets....it's pretty economical compared to soda.

Each 0.14 oz packet mixed with 1 cup of sugar makes 2 quarts of "juice". And costs usually 3 for 89 cents here in Ma.

And it does stain!

------------------

debbieLee1.jpg

[This message has been edited by debbielee (edited December 05, 2002).]

Yes, Lowie, ditto to what everyone else has said... it is used for dies, but then so are blackberries and grapes and a few other thing we eat... still, I don't think the dyes are the greatest. They are more like food coloring though.... my pet groomer uses it in a spray to do the white poodles!! we have pink ones for Valentines day and green ones for St.Patrick's Day!!!

Llamamomma