MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Splenda, Tell me about it

Guest Guest

Howdy

Lets just say I cast a bigger shadow than I used to.... Enough on that. We use Equal in a lot of stuff, but have been hearing about Splenda. Don't know any details about it tho.

Give a shout with your experience, opinions etc. about it.

Wyo

I am sitting here with my box of Splenda and I will type in what is on the box then I will give you my opinion of the product.

Splenda is a no calorie sweetener that is made from sugar and taste like sugar. It has no calories and less than one carb a serving. ( thats what some of the info on the box says)

Now my opinion. I use Splenda in everything now. When your using it in a recipe you measure it out just like you would regular sugar. I made Strawberry Shortcake and used it to sweeten the berries and you would swear you were eating berries with sugar on them. Its an excellent product. I also use it in cereal and all baked goods to cut calories and carbs.

Like I said you can use it just like sugar.

Before you buy it go to their website. I think its : www.splenda.com and ask them for free samples and recipe cards. You can try the product before you buy it. Splenda does not have that aftertaste that products like sweet and low have.

The info to get in touch with them is: www.splenda.com , or you can call them at their toll free number which is 1-800-777-5363.

I hope this helps.

ok, my opinion for what it's worth...

I have the blue stuff and the pink stuff!!!! tried it a couple of times and BLEK!!!!

I have used Stevia and love it in tea! in coffee...it tasted green! can't cook with it without doing some serious altering of recipes.

ok, now to the splenda.

I first read about it here (the gym) and decided that if I went to a normal grocery store I would buy some. They had 2 boxes for $7.00 and I bought them...yikes!!! expensive....ok, but I will try it.

I figured is worse came to worse I would do allot of baking with it and it wouldn't matter.

I took it home and tried it...loved it! couldn't tell the difference between that and sugar. Now mind you I love my sugar! well not any more...I love splenda!

I use it in everything. I even bake cakes again.

And Welcome!

If the Splenda is made from sugar, how do they make it different? What are the additives in it, if any? We don't have it in this country, I don't think, as I've never seen it here.