MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Family buying me a Food Saver sealer for Mothers Day. Which one should they buy?

cleanheart

woohoo Hey everybody, my DH and DS's want to buy me a Food Saver vaccum sealer for Mothers Day. banana I've wanted one forever. cheer Which model is the best? I want one that will seal wet and dry things, canning jars, and whatever else I can think of. I want the one that I don't have to upgrade in a couple of years.

I look forward to hearing from you!! feedbackbananadancing

My dh just bought me a used Foodsaver v2480 that comes with the jar sealer; I love it! I've also shown it to all my girlfriends, and they've all asked for one for themselves!

This weekend I'm vacuum-sealing all my storage supplies!

afternoonhummingbirdsmove.gif

Our DD gave us one for Christmas this past year and it is the, FoodSaver® Advanced Design™ V2840 Vacuum Sealer. You can find the kit at:

http://www.jardenstore.com/products.aspx?p...d=18&cid=79

It is the middle one in the second row. smile

We love it and it has really sealed a LOT since Christmas. smile This is our 3rd one. smile

HUGS4-1.gifHAVEAGOODDAY-2.gif

thanksbanana So, after looking on the Food Saver web, I like V2840. I wonder what model Darlene has. I saw her canning pictures and she vacuumed sealed wheat and all her dry goods. I believe she said also that she upgraded her 2840 to something else, but I can't remember. Have you vacuumed sealed in big bags?

Archived