MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Duck Stock anyone?

etp777

We had duck this past weekend, and I thought I might make stock from the carcass, so threw it in the freezer until I could find a recipe and get out the canner. I was thinking of just using the ball or UGA recipe for CHicken stock but using the duck instead, but open for any suggestions.

Was Duck A la range made in broiler pan. No fat added (stuffed with oranges) except for about 1tbsp or less of olive oil in the basting, which I'm guessing cooked off. Also, in the broiler pan, so was kept out of the fat cooking off.

Was a delicious meal, just want to get another one out of it (or at least get some duck stock for next time I make it, so I don't have to use chicken stock).

So any tips, recipes, etc would be greatly appreciate. I will be using the pressure canner for this.

THanks VIolet. smile And yeah, I got off as much while cooking the duck itself as possible, and I plan on doing this the two day way, so I can cool it in fridge overnight and scoop off the fat. Love the taste of duck, but definitely want to be extra careful with fat for this animal.

Archived