MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hows everyone doing today?

I am just wondering how everyone is today! As for myself I am tired of winter weather. I would like to take Phil the groundhog and make him into a nice stew for predicting more winter weather for the next several weeks. You think in March the weather would start to lighten up a bit!

Doin' pretty good today, got my grocery shopping done for the week. I got home to an e-mail that I can pick up my computer tomorrow.

I still remember about 20 years ago, I had been without a car for about 4 months, we had the money saved for another car, so I got a ride to town and rented a car for 2 days to shop around for a car. Found one the same day on the 14th of April. I woke up the next day to 2 foot drifts and still snowing so couldn't take the car back to the rental folks.

I called him and he said he didn't think it was likely that he could rent it that day anyway. So had the rental an extra day. (No charge.) Of course I couldn't go anwhere with it. We'll see what this april brings.

Guest Guest

I was in a funk but now I AM HAPPY!!! DS came into work today and showed me a gorgeous diamond ring he'd just bought. Going to ask his girlfriend right now if she'll marry him and has asked us to come in this evening to see them both.

He asked her dad first and he told Josh he could have her for 12 bags of charcoal. He took the charcoal to Ron and will now ask Crystal. What a bunch of crazy people!

Had a good day here in Dorset. Had to go out in the rain to post my mother's birthday present and got a bit wet; it never stopped raining all day, great big very wet raindrops! My friend came up to see me and brought loads of cookery and home books, seeds, and 11 bags of knitting wool. We drank lots of tea and talked about men all afternoon! Children have discovered the joy of making up limericks. Ethan's favourite one rhymed with Bart, needless to say. Mobile library visit, more books to read, and found some new ones; my friend there said it would be mild, dry and sunny tomorrow, so out in the garden we go! Everyone well, including all livestock, so a good day here.

Guest Guest

Ahhhhh, Dee, that's so sweet! I assume that you are thrilled to welcome her as your DIL. Funny comment her Dad made. Let us know how she took it. Was it a total surprise?

Lowie, glad you got some rain for all that gardening you''ve been doing. Good to take an afternoon off and chat with a friend.

Well, other than my allergy to cats acting up, I'm doing good today. Reci, I been hunting that darn groundhog for the last month now... he needs to be in the stew pot, that's for sure. Just checked the weather report and more SNOW tomorrow...I'm so tired of snow... hope everyone is keeping warm... luv ya T.

Guest Guest

We're doing great here. Slept most of the day. Then went out to all you can eat with DD#2. Then slept some more. LOL

Dee, your son's lucky that's all he had to get for your new DIL. Also, it's YOUR turn for a wedding now. I'm glad my turns over for awhile. LOL Have fun with it.

Guest Guest

Twila! I came in to put an APB out for you, and here you are! You've been so quiet lately, I wondered if you had left for your long journey back west. Glad to hear from you, and other than cabin fever, you're doing fine.