MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I'm back and as bad mischievous as ever!

Dee

I just dropped in to check up on all you gals to make sure you weren't getting into any trouble.

The surgery went well. I drew a smiley face on my belly with a plastic surgeons marking pen that one of the admissions nurses gave me and I guess the everyone in the OR cracked up including my very serious faced surgeon. Every time he came into my room from last wednesday on he had this big goofy grin on his face. I never saw him smile before so see what just one smiley face will do. I wonder what would have happened if I put a smiley on my butt! I had the bed by the door in my hospital room and all I have to say about the butt smiley would be that if anyone walked by and saw my bare arse smiling back at them either they would have had a coronary or needed some depends.

Anyway I got my drain taken out at 6 am this morning and my doc said I could go home.

SO I am home now sitting here sipping my chicken bullion, lapping up jello , which will part of my dietary regime for the next six weeks, and ladies... I feel humbled.

My roomate was a mentally retarded woman my age, who lives at a local residential facility in my city.

She had private aids from the center come to stay with her on all three shifts every day I was there.

Her name was Jewel and she turned out to be one of Gods Precious Gems.

She was as smart as a whip yet so childlike in manner. She rejoiced over the simplist things like a phone call from her mom and dad or just a hello or a hug from anyone that was near her.

Jewel sure could sing... offkey but she could sing louder and longer than anyone I ever met. On my third night out of surgery we had our own hootnanny right there in our room and even the nurses came in and joined in song with Jewel, her Aides and Myself. My toes were tapping and I joined in singing full force. At the end of the songfest as I grew tired I dropped out of the group to rest a bit. Little by little so were others and all that was left was this childlike offkey voice singing a softened version of Silent Night! Jewel gave me one of her greatest gifts that night and more. The intense pain of the first nights of surgery were all but forgotten because my mind was focused on Jewel and her singsong. What I didn't know is that the lower half of my left lung collapsed causing me not to be able to breath too good besides having low oxygen level but all that singing inflated the lung and brought my oxygen intake back up to a 99%.

I could have ended up with big problems with the lung but God sent Jewels ( as I called her) to watch over me and keep me safe. For that I am just humbled.

Mr. Reci's first name is Mike ( last name aka Reci) and he is thinking of signing up as a user here at Mrs. S. You ladies must have made an impression on him....

Its time for a nap and some rest so I will say how do to you all and missed you all. I will be popping in from time to time, probably during the jello feed time, to post a little.

Has anyone heard from Ed or Peg about Her/his FIL? I hope all is well with you all. Take care, love you all!

------------------

reci.jpg

snoop2.gif

Isn't it amazing the gifts we get... arranged before we need them? Prayers for your Jewel, too.

I am so happy that you are home and doing well. Now behave, get your rest, and follow your instructions for recovery.

So glad to see you back.

jump.gif

------------------

lois.jpg

Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when

our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

[This message has been edited by Lois (edited December 16, 2002).]

Tears running down my face. So glad Jewel was there for you. I had a severly handicapped child who die at age 15. There are so many people in your situation that would have asked for a new room . Bless you and your recovery. di

------------------

diinmi.jpg

And i'm cryin too! What a special gift Jewel was to you...and us all.....just reading about her!!! Isn't that an amazing miracle!

I'm SOOOOOOOOOO Happy to know your out of the Hospital ...home safe and sound....sleeping in your own bed.....the worst is over!!!! Big Relief!

Rest Tons and Tons and Eat that jello till it comes out your ears if that's what's gonna make you better.

It's just so wonderful to hear from you Reci!

ps. hope Mike does hang out here with us....

Try not to snap that Whip to hard Reci...

Gentle Hugs and smooches,

deb

------------------

debbieLee1.jpg

Please pass the tissue. Thanks.

Welcome back Reci, glad you are able to get home so soon.

Yes, God does give us just what we need and when we need it. Thank you for sharing all of this with us.

Prayers will go up for your Jewel along with prayers for you and your Mike.

You just take it easy and rest a lot and eat what you are suppose to. Sounds like there won't be turkey and the trimmings for you next week.

I have to agree with what Di said, a lot of people would have asked for a different room.

You take care now and post when you feel like it, but get all the rest you need. Just know you are loved.

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

What a blessing smile.gif Amazing how people are sometimes the best medicine. We are so glad you are recovering well. Many thanks to Mikle for the updates, I hope he does join us smile.gif

------------------

becca.jpg

So glad you are doing good Reci! Please thank Mike for updating us...tell him to join us! I'm glad to for your special Jewel...I agree that sometimes people are the best medicine. Take it easy and do what ever needs to be done to get back to normal. We love ya! (((((Reci and Mike)))))

------------------

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His love endures forever!