MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Sunny Saturday

mommafitz

Mornin' Ya'll! wave

It is a beautiful morning here on the mountain. The sun is shining so prettily in the trees. clapsmilie

I'm not entirely sure what today will bring for our household. I know we have some errands to do. The price of gas is ridiculous so we may be limited on our mobility. That really stinks.

Work is stressing me out big time (or possible lack of). Some big/drastic changes are heading our way since the economy is slow. I really need the weekend to recharge my batteries. happy02

On a good note, my greenbeans are growing like....well....like weeds! rofl I'm hoping this 2nd planting will produce before our first frost. At the rate they're going it will be close! I think our tomatoes are done for the summer. Bummer.

What's everbuddy else doin' today?

Prayers for those in Ike's path..................

mommafitz

GOODMORNINGDOGONSWING.gif you two and everyone else who comes in today. smile

mommafitz, you take care of yourself, try not to stress to much. It just isn't good for you at all to be stressed.

bighug

It is cloudy right now here and according to the Weather Bug, it is about 60º in town and our high for today is to be 65º. Yesterday it was about 74º here for a high. smile

I did a load of clothesline yesterday, but had to put them in the dryer for about 15 minutes as they just didn't get dry. Hung them out to late. frown

Old pine is home today, Sunday and Monday, his days off this week. We need to get some shopping done and do more work around here.

HAVEAGREATWEEKEND.gifHUGS4-1.gif

Today I am just trying to feel better, I have to take some new meds and I feel like I weight about 600 #s.

Watching all the Ike news and thinking that I didn't have anything to do to get ready. I started thinking how prepared we are and that really felt great------

Also how proud I am at what a great job my State is doing getting ready for Ike.

Biscuitmaker, yea, I think many watched all over the nation, with heavy hearts and that can feel like a thousand pounds on top of what we already weigh. I sure hope you can relax and rest. Sounds like your adjustment is sort of tough, so you are on my prayer list too of course.

I saw pictures of a guy sitting on a Galveston ( maybe the Island)doorstep to his little bungalow. When I had seen the name, I looked again at him. He could be someone I went to high school with in California actually. He sort of looked like an overweight version and looked like he could have been the right height. He was just watching the surge come in yesterday afternoon. He did not have a second story and the house was just a beach bungalow. I think he was probably the surfer type. I think he was waiting for Neptune to just sweep him away. He was pretty much stuck, and stubborn about it. I do not know how he could have survived.

So, my prayers are that God is gentle to those who chose this way to leave the earthly plane. If it was Jim, life had not really been kind to him. On a board across the front window he had spray painted the words: " Tina isn't here anymore. Go away Ike".

People make jokes about the Hurricane Rita, but I don't think there has been a Hurricane Tina, has there? Anyone? I think Tina was a love lost to Jim, this solitary man sitting on his steps, waiting for the water to rise further. To me it would be a miracle if he actually survived this Hurricane last night.

If by chance he made it through ok, maybe he has grown in wisdom, finally, and will choose to leave next time. But to me it seems unlikely.

Most of us around the country do not usually have a name to put to someone if we know no one in the region struck, but this one struck my heart when I saw those pictures on yahoo coverage.

It made it personal, remembering the Jim Welch I knew in school, if it was him. It certainly looked like an older version of him.

My future in laws are in Humble Tx, and my son is waiting on phone calls from his fiance once she can get through, the phone lines are all jammed, so far. He will call me when he knows. He was up in PA visiting an aunt and uncle of his when I called this afternoon. DS did say her parents had a generator and were hunkering down. They are probably ok.

It is good to hear some of our folks on the site checking in on the various threads. My prayers continue of course for everyone there. praying I care about you all!

Archived