MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Gluten Free Cake

Cream 1/4 cup clarified butter with 1 cup sugar, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp baking soda. Beat in two fresh eggs until light and lemony looking. Add fine GF oat flour a heaping tablespoon at a time and fold into the batter. Keep adding oat flour until you have a stiff batter. It should be almost too stiff to pour. Add flavorings with the last few spoons of flour. Vanilla, cinnamon, anise, almond, chocolate are all good. Just before pouring into nonstick pan, beat in 1 tablespoon good vinegar (I use wine vinegar). Pour into pan and bake at 350 until done and lightly browned on top. This makes a light, tender cake that to me, is indistinguishable from a cake made with wheat flour.

gosh thought I had posted this..

Gluten-free banana bread or Gluten free banana bread

4 large very ripe bananas (or 3 bananas and 1/3 cup cooked sweetened apple pulp)

4oz butter

1 egg

2-4 tablespoons milk

2/3 small cup brown sugar

1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda

1 teaspoon baking powder

2/3 cup yellow cornmeal

vanilla to taste (4-6 drops)

Cream butter and sugar, add beaten egg. Roughly mash bananas and add, then cornmeal, baking powder, vanilla, and lastly milk with soda.

The mixture should be pretty sloppy to stop the cornmeal from being too dry when cooked. Cook in a moderate oven about 45 mins or until knife comes out clean, time can be longer than expected.

Archived