MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I'm Tired!

chefddr

Frustrations:

I got up nice and early, as usual. Went to get the kid up which was a battle and he flatly refused to go to school. I go out to the car to start it so I can go to the school to talk with the guidance counselor and the principal, but darn it, my ignition is broken and it won't start. I had to call a tow truck to take my car to my mechanic, and besides the fact that I don't want to know what his bill will be, I am loosing work tomorrow which is $100 I just can't afford not to have. To top it off the jerk I was formerly married to owes me $1100 in back alimony and he is now refusing to pay me anything and there is not a single thing I can do about it. (the agreement between us was NOT part of the divorce decree)

Blessings:

I did have someone take me to a very important appt. this morning

I came home and was able to make a ton of Turkey Chili for the Chili cookoff tomorrow night at Church

I know if I need a ride to Church I can get one

I have a roof over my head that doesn't leak, I can wash the laundry, I have running water, and heat when I decide to turn it on :), there is enough food in the house, and basically I guess I can make due with what clothes I have.

So why does my son say we are poor, well he doesn't have brand new sneakers and the clothes that the other kids have. He doesn't have the motorbike he wanted b/c I refused to buy it since he is soooo irresponsible. I am the worst mom in the world making him go to school and calling the principal etc... Gee, ya think I want to pay his fines for NOT gong to school? I am sure he can think of a dozen more things, but I not worried about it! I just wish my mechanic would call and say my car is fixed. I am missing a night of school and I hate that. Hmm, I LOVE to go to school and my son Hates to go to school, maybe he was switched at birth??

I think I'll make myself a cup of chamomile tea and enjoy my solitude.

It sounds like you could use a shoulder today!!! I wish I were there the to enjoy a cup of tea with you chefddr.

I hope a bighug and letting you know I'm thinking about you will help. Some days are just the pits!!!!

Yikes! Very frustrating day! Bless your heart! grouphug

I don't know the age of your child, but boys typically rebel against 'female authority' (aka Mom) around 14-16. Try not to take it personally and yet, don't let him push you around or push your buttons for that matter.

I hope the car situation works out, car trouble is the pits!

I agree with Stephanie, after surviving the teenage years with three boys I understand what you are going through. There were days I didn't think they would live to see their 18th birthday but they all made it and I didn't go to jail rofl Seriously though starting around the 8th or 9th grade they act as if they have been invaded by aliens they return to semi-sort of normal state around the 2nd semester of the 11th grade. They are pretty nice until that 2nd semester of their senior year and then they come down with a bad case of seniorits. At that point you go into survival mode and you tell your self over and over I just have to make it 18 weeks, 17 weeks 16 more weeks etc.

Praying that your car is fixed soon and doesn't cost you a lot of money. Oh and at your ex gets a bad case of the guilts and pays you what he owes you.

Thanks so much ladies! Still haven't heard anything about my car and it is after 2pm. I can't even get anyone at the garage to answer the phone!! Now I am really getting worried. Without my car and all my supplies in it, I won't be able to work at all next week, I already lost $100 for today, I can't afford to loose $400 next week, I'm already behind! ARGH!!! The more I don't hear, also makes me worry about how much it is gonna cost and how in the world I am gonna pay him, even though he does let me pay him over time. I wish I had $1- to buy a WINNING lottery ticket.

There is some Good News:

I went to pay a partial payment on a window I broke when I was working for someone, an accident but I got hit with a $110 bill. I was planning on paying the balance off in full but since I didn't have my car, I needed to pay less, and still owe $21- I was told to forget the rest, she said, "you are having too much bad stuff happen to you, we are good and don't even think about it anymore!" Hey, $21 is $21 saved, I can put it towards the car repairs smile

Church tonight, someone is picking us up. I have my chili warming in the crock pot as long as the power stays on, it's been going on and off all day, problems with the grid in town. If not, I can be grateful for a GAS stove (I love gas over electric any day of the week)I can always heat it up at the last minute and then put it in the crockpot. We are having a chili cook off and I made my special turkey Chili and I made mini cornbread muffins, unfortunately out of the 50 I planned to make, I lost about half since they stuck to the pans despite all the Pam I used. At least I have something to look forward to.

My friends from church also said they would drive me up to get Jake, take us to church and drive us back on Sunday afternoon too. God is good!!

Archived