MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

genealogy confusion lol

michelle

I joined ancestry.com to work on doing a family tree for each line of our family. I think it'll be a great gift for the kids later in life. Plus I'd love to know where we came from and all. I have actually found a few relatives online on the site. They're also looking up our family history. I've been emailing and chatting with a couple of them, helping each other do this. Its funny the difference in stories on some though. One ancestor is obviously Native American although there is some question on how much and what tribe. I've always been told Cherokee, maybe some Shawnee in there though. One relative thinks she was Choctaw though. Just heard from another today that claims she was Miccosukee. Man this should be an interesting journey. rofl

I have an Indian great granny that I cannot authenticate either. One relative says she was a Cherokee and another says she was a Creek. I can't find her on any Indian Rolls yet.

I have found 3 cousins/relatives on genealogy sites too. One of them had a picture of my Great granny that I had never seen. She e-mailed it to me. I had a picture of her father as an infant and e-mailed it to her. Both of us were so happy with our new photos.

Yeah there's a lot of confusion on our family lines apparently. One grandparent I thought was French is apparently English instead. shrug You just never can tell. Still haven't verified the grandmother aboves Indian line.

GOODMORNINGPUPPYINBOX.gif

From the looks of a picture of my great-great-grandfather, he could be part indian, but, there is no way to prove it right now.

Good luch with your hunting. smile

HUGSMOUSEINSUGAR.gifHAVEAGOODDAY1.gif

Archived