MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Just doing some thinking out loud

preparing

I was chatting in the shout box with arby and cthulhukitty and realized I am not eating well at all. I have been eating all this can food and not really that much fresh because we did not have a garden this year. Anyway, I said a little prayer in church this morning asking God to help me be healthy and strong, so I can do what needs to be done. I have been googling and reading while in the shout box. I have not been feeling good and reading and researching trying to find out what is wrong. I found this http://www.nutrition4health.org/NOHAnews/N...tritionEyes.htm

What i found was this - Sardi pointed out that during the nine months of pregnancy the capillaries are weak in order to get nutrients to the child. Also, for wound healing there is a temporary capillary weakness. Adrenal hormones, which give us a sudden burst of energy, will also temporaly weaken the capillaries. With stress, this weakness can become chronic. When I was pregnant with my first child my legs BLED. It was unreal. After she was born I had a tiny blood clot and the doctor said I had vasculitis. I was also told years before I got pregnant that I had adrenal gland problems and hypoglycemia. With stress my adrenal glands are overactive. Anyway, with all this news lately I think I am stressing myself more and that is why I am having so many bruises (talked about in the shout box). I am going to make sure that I start eating better and watch the stress, but the reason I posted this was to thank God because I think this is the information I was looking for and the information from arby about the cinnamon. Also, for us all to think about healthy food when we store things. I have been thinking about planting blackberries FOREVER for some reason and found another link about bioflavoids and what food is high in them - blackberries, apricots, cherries, broccoli, cantaloupe. Sorry to go on and on, but this is really interesting to me and might help somebody that has the same problem.

No pre-eclampsia, blood pressure was normal, blood sugar was normal. I gained a lot of weight and my legs were just strange. When I shaved my legs and I am not talking about cutting them, but just barely run the razor over then and then there would be these little spots of blood all over. After she was born I had vasculitis and a little blood clot. That article above about the adrenal glands and stress makes a lot of sense with me because I was told I had adrenal insufficiency. The stress of moving, not eating fresh food, forgetting my vitamins, the election and all the talk about what is going to happen with the economy, I have stressed myself out again pullhair I need to relax and start eating right. bath I am trying to plan what to grow next year and I have some new ideas now.

Preparing, I am also taking valerian not just for pinched nerves and pain, but for a very good sense of calm. Its helping. I take it two or three times a day. It works great for me. I start out with just one capsule of any herb, or tea, etc, and work up to make sure I don't have an allergy to something. Same with any supplements actually.

When I worked High Risk Labor and Delivery, the ladies who had pre-eclampsia nearly always had bleeding gums too. That is why I asked.

I have an extreme reaction to adrenaline. Even the slight amount in an injection of Novocaine will cause a major attack. I was told it is because I do not produce much adrenaline normally.

Valerian gives me nightmares. Be careful of St John's Wort as it can cause a reaction in the sun.

Calcium and Vit C will help build strong blood vessels.

Preparing I did some lab work awhile back and I was told my adreanals were shot due to extreme stress. Dr. ordered me Adrenal Support supplements that you can get with out a RX. I am terrible about not taking it but it helps regulate my adrenals, stress, and hormones. They say I would lose some weight and be over all healthier if I took it like I should because it would also control my cortisol levels.

bb

I do not know what to think about it all. I have had my blood tested over the years and nothing is wrong they say. The doctor I went to that said I had the adrenal gland problem was a chiropractor/nutritionalist. I do not remember how he came up with it. I think he said I had not totally destroyed my adrenal glands yet, but it would happen if I did not do what he said and also the blood sugar that I would end up with diabetes. He also said that he was worried about the bruising and I asked why and he put his finger on my temple and said because of strokes. DarleneSwoon I went shopping and got some red onions, blackberries, cantaloupe, broccoli, oranges, and some other stuff and I am going to take my vitamins and eat better, and try to relax. I am going to put cinnamon on my oatmeal and get some of those cinnamon capsules arby was talking about.

That bleeding under the skin is called petechiae. If it doesn't clear with the nutritional boost, you might want to get further tests run, though sometimes they don't show anything. Negative test sometimes just mean they aren't testing for the right things or their tests aren't accurate. There are lots of different things that can cause bleeding problems, some nutritional, some hereditary, some hormonal so it is hard to just flat say what specifically it might be. Good nutrition and taking care of yourself will go a long way towards helping your body heal.

Archived