MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Pneumonia remedies

kathy003

Hi all,

I have a reoccuring problem with Pneumonia. I get it twice a year in the beginning of winter, like now and in the spring around May. I have no insurance and don't mind paying for a Dr. visit to keep me healthy, but i'm getting really tired of getting this. It's just so draining on my system and i have such a hard time sitting still during the sickness.

I was wondering if anyone had a home remedy or a supplement to take to ward this off so i have a lesser chance of getting it.

I don't know if there is anything that will help, but I figure if there is, you guys would know about it.

The best thing you can do is to eat healthy and exercise.

If you keep your immune system in good condition, the odds of getting a cold or other illness are greatly reduced.

Pneumonia that reaccurs can be a underlying sign of asthma. Have you been checked out for that possibility?

This is how we found out my son has asthma. He just uses a nebulizer occassionally, and thankfully it has stopped his pneumonia occurences. We were informed hot steamy showers and deep breaths will help reduce the chance of pneumonia, along with extra vitamin c and a good healthy diet/frequent handwashing. Hope this helps some. I would definetly up the vit c. It works wonders!

I will, I am also going to start getting the pnemonia shot and taking vitamin C.

I had thought it could be in indicator of something - asthma sounds logical, but I was told by a Dr that developing asthma so old ( 36 years old) is unusual.

Thanks for the advice!

My DS (almost 3yo) has asthma and we just had to take him into the doctor on Monday. Turns out he had the beginnings of pneumonia and is now on antibiotics for 10 days. Ugh, I hate having to give him those, but I also know the benefits outway the cons. At least we kept him from a stay in the hospital. I've been trying to give him extra C since Monday, but I know it was probably a little too late at that point. At least he's started eating again and will take the Vit C now. I even made chicken bone broth, but he wouldn't even touch it. frown

Good luck. Try making a bone broth that has simmered for at least 12-72 hours. Very healing.

Kathy, I don't really know a thing about pneumonia. But, I started getting curious and found this web site that gives a good explanation of the different types of pneumonia and some herbal things to try.

http://medplant.nmsu.edu/Diseases/pneumonia/pneumonia.htm

If yours is bacterial, then the pneumonia shot sounds like a very good deal!

I do have a friend who developed asthma in her thirties, so it does happen. You might also have allergies. Or, you might have a fungal infection. You might need a serious change in diet to fight that.

Best wishes and feel better.

NMChick

Archived