MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

An accident

Good morning everyone.

I can't be on long, as I know we are expecting a couple of phone calls.

I'll start in with a short story and will probable make it long.

Tuesday, Christmas Eve, Old Pine and I decided we would go eat at Pizza Hut instead of me cooking in the evening for just the two of us. This was good, saved me having to do more dishes.

After we ate we headed home, but went down main street first. We didn't get very far and we saw this car coming from one of the streets going very fast, but thought the car would stop. We were SO wrong. Old Pine headed for the ditch, but the car helped us along. It hit our van just behind the driver door and pushed the side in about 8 inches. The two big windows blew out. No one was hurt in our van, just the two of us, or in the car that hit us, only the driver was in that car. It was a BIG Olds. We knew the driver of the car, but not well. It was a women and we found out that she had just lost her DH a few weeks ago. Of course we were not going to fast as we were just at the edge of town. We were right next to a church and there must have been about 4 or 5 young people come from there to make sure we were all ok. Also we had an eye witness that told the police that it was the other persons fault.

The wrecker was called of course and because we could hear something leaking, the fire department, 1/2 block away was called. It was not gas, but antifreeze that was leaking. I was allowed to set in the patrol car to keep warm. I stayed in there for most of the time things were being taken care of then.

We live about 9 miles from where the accident happened, so now, to get home. We knew that my sister and her family were going to be at one of my nephews homes. We called and asked if someone could come and take us home.

My nephew came, with one of my nieces, my nephew said we could use his van for the next day or two. They were going to his in-laws and would be taking the truck anyway. So, we were able to use his van for something yesterday that we had planned to use ours for.

We were going in to the nursing home to get Kaye, as the Midi-Van was booked and had been booked since just before or at least since Thanksgiving. Kaye's brother had found a set of ramps and that they would allow to be used to get Kaye with. Anyway, we were able to get her with my nephews van.

I don't know what the insurance will do now about the van, but some feel it was totaled. frown.gif

We are now without our van. frown.gif But, no one was hurt and that is good.

Now, our #2 DS and his wife and family came up late Christmas Eve, and we were going to keep the 2 grandsons. After setting at the table with the grown ups and hearing about accidents, not only ours, but others, the older of the two grandsons decided he didn't want to stay. So, it is just Old Pine and me, but I do understand. Our grandson told his mom that he was afraid he wouldn't see her or daddy again. He had heard and took in every detail that was being said about accidents. frown.gif Poor thing.

To make a long story short, we are without a van, but not hurt. The two grandsons didn't stay for the week, but, we are planning to meet them about half way next Monday and eat out with them in the evening. We will probably be driving Old Pine's pick up, but that is ok.

We had a very good day yesterday and I thank God that no one was hurt in the accident. Hope everyone had a good day.

Hope you all have a good day today.

Love ya all,

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

Smommy so sorry about your van, and I know it is probably a great inconvenience. But thank god neither of you was hurt. That is what is important. Understandable that the little ones were upset.

I'm glad you managed to have a good day, in spite of the accident and am so glad you are okay.

Have a good safe day today.

grin.gif

------------------

brigid.gif

SnowMom, I'm so glad everybody is ok! I'm also sorry about the van, and how the whole thing affected your grandson, but all in all, I'm just happy that you are ok. You know what the GoodBook says...."All things work together for GOOD for those who love God..." Even if it doesn't look like it right now!!! Glad you are ok!!! smile.gif

------------------

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His love endures forever!

Oh, I'm so glad no one was hurt. If she'd hit further forward, it could've been worse!

May it all work out for good.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Snowmom & Old Pine}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

------------------

cat.jpg

It sounds like Old Pine was just a few inches away from getting pruned!! Thank goodness you are both okay. Those few extra seconds to prepare for impact probably helped alot. Good that you have a back up truck for an emergency too. Hope your dealings with the insurance goes well!!

You know, God has a way of looking out for His own.

Since neither one of us or the other driver were hurt, I am wondering if there was something wrong with the van and this was God's way of us getting a different one. No one will ever know.

The adjuster was there yesterday and yes, it was totaled. We looked at a couple other vans after getting our things from the van. But, we are going to continue to check out a couple other places and see what they have in the line of vans.

We forgot to take a camera so didn't get any pictures. I plan to call this morning to see if they would allow someone to go take a picture yet. Not sure what time they will close today since it is Saturday. If I can get a picture, I think I will have Old Pine put it someplace on the net so you will all be able to see what it looked like.

After I saw it in daylight, I KNOW that if it had been at the door instead of the side of the van, Old Pine would be in the hospital right now. It really pushed the side in. There would have been NO way he would have gotten out of there without something broken.

God was looking over us. smile.gif

Love ya all,

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

I'm so glad you're ok, SM! It's amazing how we see God's hand in our lives, isn't it? Glad you are both ok!

------------------

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His love endures forever!