MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Enough Already!! And It's Only Monday

OldMaineBear

Wow!! We got the remainder of that storm that swiped a path across the Northeast. Got about 15 inches here according to the snow level in the bed of my truck.

We had to use the snowblower to get to the plow truck to plow. My wife decided on a snow day herself. Our rural roads are super bad and with no school they aren't in a rush to plow.

Our yard and driveway are done now, but getting out to the highway is iffy in a car.

You can tell by the picture what side of the house the storm hit.

The Toyota is still buried. We'll wait for her son to get home to push it.

1477-122208-GuessWhichSideTheStormHit.jpg

1478-122208-ToyotaBuried.jpg

1479-122208-PlowingisDone.jpg

19 inches the other day, then 4 inches, and then another 6!

We don't have snow like this, most around here don't own chains or even snow shovels. With our usual 1 or 2 inches, most never bother to shovel the walkways.

610x.jpg

I refuse to sing any more Christmas carols involving snow.

GOODMORNINGTREE.gif

Oh, I know how you feel, we got about 14 or 16 inches last week, then another 4 - 6 inches over the weekend and it is snowing again this morning.

Leah, I know too what you are talking about. I started singing thletitsnow2.gifthletitsnow2.gifthletitsnow2.gif and then said, "NO", we don't need any more snow. smile

We have had such mild winters these past 4 - 6 years and this is something we just aren't use to. But, this is what we use to have in the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's, so we do know about it. smile In fact, in the late 40's when we, my parents and us kids, lived in NE., we had a blizzard and were snowed in for days. My mother wrote about it and we now have the story to hand down.

HUGSCHRISTMASHUGSFROMSNOWMAN.gifenjoyyourdaysnowman.gif

Was listening to the radio the other day, and the station had a caller with a song request. Only it was a request to STOP playing any version of "Let it Snow"!

The DJ's all were cracking up... so was I!

It's warmed up just enough here that it's raining now. Phooey. I *was* hoping for a White Christmas...

Archived