MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

New Year's Day '09

mommafitz

Mornin' ya'll! wave

It is a beautiful sunny day today. It is also 26 degrees! frozen

I spent a quiet night at home last night. Both sons were on overnights with friends and DH had to work so I was alone. Well, ...except for the pets. They sure are lots of company! banana

I am gonna relax today. It's time to start a new cross stitch project so I'm gonna see what I can dig up. I've also got some great library books to read. My bunch will watch football this afternoon so I must entertain myself. clap I love it!!!

I hope you all have a great day. May this new year bring blessings upon you and yours. I think we are in for a grand adventure!

bunnydance

mommafitz

Good Morning, I'm a wee bit sleepy as we stayed up to celebrate. We started a new tradition in our house/family.

At just before midnight we gathered together (all 9 of us) and talked about the possibilities of the year to come, goals and plans and dreams. Then, we stood and held hands and prayed together, it was so precious.

We used a wonderfully scented anointing oil (myrrh-which signifies dying to yourself) and each child was anointed and prayed over individually. I'll never forget last night!!

What a way to start a New Year!!

grouphug

Today here was cold and foggy. Dh and sons went paintballing today. They haven't got back so they must be having a good time. As for me...staying in a nice, warm house reading a good book with a cup of hot chocolate is just what I want... Perfect way to start the new year...

Happy New Year to all.

Today was spent working to complete a drawing, cooking blackeyed peas, cornbread and ham, while MIL & DH spent the day watching...

football.

Then I packed my bag to take my MIL back home.

I hope to return home on Sunday.

Until next time... bouquet

Archived