MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Liver and spleen detox and building up question

sassenach

Hi. I may be having some problems with my liver and spleen due to a condition I cannot figure how I would have gotten it recently. But also have learned it could have been a condition that has just been dormant a very long time, that may be errupting right now due to all the stressors and still being generally run down for other reasons that I am trying hard to remedy. I will know abit more when the initial blood tests are done.

So, my questions are :

What herbs can I use to help my liver detox and be strenthened by?

What herbs may be helpful to the spleen?

What is the herb red root? Does this herb go by other common names?

Also, other than echinacea, what herbs are good for general immune strength, as I already take a very good multivitamin with many minerals and such things besides a good dose of vitamins.

( Oh i already know about garlic and have quite alot fresh, here at home already, which is best).

Also particular veggies and such that might also be helpful?

Any answers to these questions would be very helpful to me.

thanks

Milk thistle and SamE are great.

Since the liver is one organ that DOES regenerate and heal itself with time, I would do things that help the liver such as:

Eat very little red meat.

Eat LOTS of veggies (like 80% of your diet) and white meats for a while such as tilapia, chicken turkey, etc.

Go for brown rice, millet, bulgur, Ezekiel bread, etc.

Stay away from white flours, refined sugars, and caffiene, particularly sodas and coffee.

Think about it this way - your liver and spleen FILTER everything. Think of a kitchen screen behind a fan...right now mine is covered with dust and dirt due to normal use. The same thing happens to your liver and spleen, only for some people it is more acute.

I also really encourage system cleanses and colon hydrotherapy (choose one who is ACT-III certified, the best!) and high fiber.

If you can't afford or can't find a colon hydrotherapist, definitely do high fiber with a cleanse tea - www.drnatura.com is a great cleanse many have had luck with. In a pinch home enemas can be done, but it pales to hydrotherapy.

Thankyou for your suggestions. I will get the milk thistle and I looked at that site, it sounds like a very good idea.

I did get my test results and both were negative which is a relief.

It sounds like the cleansing and such on Drnatura.com is a terrific idea... Ive had all those problems for almost three decades, and I am finding out other alternative herbs that are helping with some other problems that were literally crippling me this winter. It sounds like this may also do the trick and really make me feel better.

I don't eat much beef anyhow, and certainly prefer the good veggies ( green orange and yellow, etc, rather than starchy stuff)

I did work around mercury and other toxic stuff in my twenties in the navy, although when tested for mercury back then, it wasn't abnormal, but I think with vaccines and such, I could be having difficulties from it, cumulative over the years.

I didn't think about lead, C4C! wow. So, I will start implementing that and do my best to add more veggies to my diet, besides I need the nutrients, not just the fiber!

I plan on getting a canner and a dehydrator, this month, so I will concentrate on the good stuff, preserving it so I have it building up in my preps and for each months diet as well.

I prefer whole grains anyway, even though brown rice is so boring to eat I don't bother with buying it.

Basically, regarding my health concerns as a whole , the old hunter gatherer type diet is the best for me anyhow, and that is basically what is recommended here anyhow.

Archived