MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Coriander-From Jordan Rubin

blestmomof4

I get this newsletter and thought that some of you would be interested in it also.

Blessings,

BB

Healing Herb of the Week: Coriander

Coriander, known in its green, leafy form as cilantro or Chinese parsley, has been used throughout history as a remedy for acid indigestion, neuralgia, rheumatism, and toothaches. Humans made use of coriander as early as 1550 B.C. for both culinary and medicinal purposes, and there are records of its use by the Greek physician Hippocrates around 400 B.C. There is some research that shows cilantro can aid in the elimination of harmful metals from the body, including mercury, lead, and cadmium. Coriander contains 20 chemicals that naturally kill bacteria and help control body odor. Also, the herb's essential oil treats indigestion and excess gas.

Jordan's Tip of the Day

From the author of The Maker's DietHealthy From Top to Bottom

The seed part is called coriander, and cilantro is the green-leaf portion. You can reap all the important benefits by using both to add flavor and variety to your meals. Cilantro leaves can be used to garnish salads or flavor soups and salsas, while ground coriander tastes delicious with stewed meats or grilled fish.

Thanks for this blest! I love Cilantro and had recently realized that it was one in the same with Coriander. Kind of a 'duh' moment.

I had just bought some starter plants and they are out on my porch to be planted. Good article and by the way, very easy to grow.

Archived