MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Can't take it anymore!

FunkyPioneer

The baskets were dropped off the night before and Dh left them out for the kids to find from the bunny. I didn't see what was in them until they took off the wrapping. Lucky she gave me a package with the same wrapping paper, so I gave it to my son and told him the Easter bunny must have put in my basket by accident. He seemed to be ok with that, and I droped some of my candy in his basket when he wasn't looking too. I should have checked, I should have known she would do something like this. Sigh. I really wish DH would stand up to her. Its just not the same coming from me, she'll just resent me.

I'm still wisjing for a guard dog too, but I think these are great steps to helping me twards being safer.

I hate to say this, but a guard dog is not a service dog. And a service dog would not be able to help you in this situation for many reasons. The steps you are taking are really good and probably the better path to follow.

Sounds like it's time for a serious talk with DH. Is MIL acting out her maternal frustrations on you and the kids? What was his reaction to the situation? If he's venting to MIL about eldest then she's not going to come around (from experience). Sound like lots of possible sources for the problems but DH and you need to have a serious talk and work out a plan. Good luck.

Kim

When I read about the Easter Baskets, my heart ached. How any woman could do this amazes me. But it hapens. There are many ways you can deal with it, but at the end of the day, the way you deal with it has to be effective for your son, and keep harmony with your husband and other children.

I think I would look at all gifts from your MIL having to be checked by yourself first. And possibly make sure that your husband also checks them with you so that he knows what is going on. If MIL doesnt like it, then be blunt and tell her that you will not see any of your children treated differently than another.

Praying you find that middle road.

Archived