MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

It's Official

BiscuitMaker

Ladies---It's Official---We are now main stream!

I get up, make coffee and get the paper (The Fort Worth Star-Telegram) and on the front page is a story that takes up 1 and 1/2 pages of the paper "Preparedness ' Modern survivalists' are ready for Layoffs - or war'."

They have a picture of Bruce Hopkins, the owner of' Best Prices Storable foods in Quinlan, Texas saying that business is booming and orders are still coming in. The main part of the story is that the people buying are not nuts or crazy people, they are everyday people who live in neighborhoods and have pools etc. Your average Joe, but no one would know at the office. Most people interviewed did not want their name used.

They also cover a fallout shelter company in Texas that is doing a booming business, which is interesting seeing that their cheapest model is $105,000.

People give different reasons for their interest in survival products, storms, 9-11, the economy, etc.

I know everything in the story but to see it in the paper on the front page was quite a shock.

Ladies our ranks are growing--------- May the force be with you!!!!

Yep, stories are in the paper here also in the Detroit area, i was shocked when i first read it. but i'm glad people are starting to look for tomorrow instead of living just for today.

In another one of my groups a reporter for the boston Globe was looking for people with a survivalist mentality to comment and do a story on how they are adjusting to the down economy. No one that I know of contacted the reporter,, imagine being in a big paper like that - when SHTF you'd have alot of people at your doorstep!

Archived