MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

anyone know whaere I can get freeze dried pasta?

Robert Z

I have been buying mountain house freeze dried meats and veggies, and making my own freeze dried meals. I would like to make a chili mac or a spinach Alfredo, but I cannot find cooked / freeze dried noodles. I know they make them because mountain house has them, so where can I get them?

I've never heard of freeze dried pasta. But then, I don't exlore the commercially prepared stuff, usually. :shrug:

Everything I've ever heard about pasta is that it stores indefinitely as long as it is kept dry.

right, but with cooked then freeze dried food, you can simply rehydrate it and eat, you don't have to cook it. What that allows is you can buy mylar bags and oxygen absorbers, concoct your own recipe, toss in an 02 absorber seal it up and you have an extremely light meal you just add water to to eat that has a theoretical shelf life of 5 years.

example: (all ingredients are freeze dried except spices) tomato powder, onions, pinto beans, celery, tomato dices, diced mixed peppers, hamburger, cumin, corriander, beef consume, pepper, hot paprika, and kidney beans

all in a mylar bag, seal it up, go on a camping trip, rip it open, add boiling water, close up bag (I use the mylar bags with the ziplock top under the seal) leave it sit for 5 mins, stir, leqave it for 5 more mins, then eat.

It is almost like chili at home.

so, now you see why I need freeze dried noodles, I am not going to cook them, just rehydrate.

Archived