MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Lovely Summer Saturday

Dee

Good morning everyone :bouquet:

It's 10:00 a.m., the suns out and it's 77 degrees. Going to be a wonderful day. Of course DH and I are dead tired after being up most of the night with our 8 month old granddaughter who is cutting teeth and feeling miserable. DH and I took turns being up with her and I think got about 3 hours sleep each. Ah, the joys of a baby in the house....I'd forgotten! :faint3: I'm sure we'll be taking a nap when they do......well, when we're hoping they do.

What's up today with the rest of you? Hope you're having beautiful weather and a great weekend!

:bighug2:

Good morning Dee and everyone!

Dee, I was just thinking about you this morning. I know why now. We use teething tablets when the kids are teething. They are a miracle & help them sleep. Hylands Homeopathic Teething Tablets. Walmart carries them in the infant section ( by baby food, bottles, etc) the drug stores carry then, too.

It's going to be a busy weekend & I should get moving. Father's Day evening at my parents so I need to grab everything to make fruit salad (including a new bowl, the lid to my big bowl died the last time I used it). And need to get DH cards and gifts. I'm hoping he'll keep both of the kids so I can use my time a little more effectively.

The giggle of the day. My 1 1/2 year old neice taught my 2 1/2 year old daughter about "boobs". Neice said DD has boobs and so on and so forth. Last night, DD told her daddy, "Her cousin has boobs. She (DD) has boobs. And then daddy, you have boobs!" DH didn't know how to respond but after the kids went to bed, he joked saying, I know I've gained some weight but not that much. It shouldn't surprise me since dd is the same one that calls sweet and sour chicken, chinese chicken nuggets. But I had to leave the room so I could laugh. :laughkick::laughkick::laughkick:

Have a wonderful day!

Jori :bighug2:

DGS is 2 1/2 Jori so I know what you're talking about. Amazing how cute and clever they are. Such a fun age but then so is the 8 months when she's in a better mood! :P

Thanks for the idea about the teething tablets. I'm going to call DDIL and see what she says about me getting some for Ella. The closest place to get them is 20 miles from here but that's closer than the almost 40 to the nearest Wal-Mart. We are in the boonies!

Good afternoon! I hope the little one is feeling better today and that everyone got a little sleep!

Weather is great here today-breezy and got up to 80. I have walked all day-first all over downtown Silver City which I spent about 3 hours doing and then to Walmart, Dollar General and the local grocery store. Forgot my pedometer-Drats. Plus walking the dogs-almost forgot. Anyway, I am finally home so it is time to cook dinner. Baked fish, mashed potatoes and collard greens. Not too difficult. I will try to go slower tomorrow but I will probably sleep good tonight!

I hope everyone has had a nice Saturday!

I have the wonderful duty to announce DD2 had a beautiful baby boy this past week. Mom, Dad, baby and older brother are doing fine. He is ' Cooper Lane..........' 7 lbs. 9oz. and 18" long.

I have already had the pleasure of spoiling him. Ahhhh, the pleasure of grandchildren. :D Skagit.

Congratulations Skagitgal!!! Aren't those little people wonderful EVEN when they don't sleep. This morning I was so tired and I kept telling Ella to stop looking at me and for heavens sake quit smiling. She didn't and my heart melted. Took all of 10 seconds! Gosh but they're perfect!!!

Such a nice name too, Cooper Lane. DDIL's friend just had a baby 3 or 4 weeks ago and they named him Chazden. That was a new one to me.

I just got 18 servings of waffles and sausages made and letting them all cool a bit and will put in the freezer for DH. I usually make pancakes but I was in the mood for waffles. Had I not eaten any he might have had 20 servings. :)

Have a great evening everyone. I'm off to do my walking.

Archived