MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

trying to decide

cowgirl8

I went riding this morning, spent hours looking for a cow in the woods. We found her, just fine, before it got too hot. Now, i'm trying to decide whether to bathe my horse and haul her to town for the rodeo parade. I've done this for many years, but, today its just so hot.

Before i 'had' to ride in the parade, we were in a high speed equestrian drill team, performed at many rodeos every year, sometimes 3 a weekend. The heat bothered us, but we did it. Now that gas is so high, we no longer can find enough people for a team, so this year we dont have a team.

It would be nice to just go to the rodeo, but i know when i see people on horses, i'll wished i was on one. And, if i just go to the rodeo, i'll go Saturday night when my husband will be sitting with the fire department in a box seat. He has to work the rodeo, i get in free and get a box seat, whoo hoo.

FYI, out of all the rodeos we performed at, this one in my home town was the best. Standing room only on Saturday night. I loved waiting to perform and looking through the bucking chutes, cowboys getting ready to ride their bronc, and stands full of people.

I took this picture right before we ran in, with my phone. I sure miss doing this, even though its done in the middle of the summer. :yar:

06-30-07_2126.jpg

Wish I were there to go watch with you cowgirl. DH was a horseman in his younger years, I never was but I do enjoy a big rodeo as well as fthe little town rodeos.

Our daughter did the small town barrel racing. Our son couldn't wait each year for the, hmmmm of course I can't think of the name now, Children's rodeo out of Wisconsin (not Little Britches). He has trophies for a number of events.

When DD was 6 she got a trophy for goat roping.

Many fun memories and like I said, wish I were there to go with you to this one.

i have several youtubes of this rodeo. One year they had riding monkeys.....Ok ok, i dont want to hear about animal abuse. i think the monkeys were having a great time. When i sit with the fire department, i get dang good seats, right in the action. Here is my youtube address if anyone wants to see this rodeo in action. Today is their 60th anniversary

http://www.youtube.com/user/cowgirls8

:sad-smiley-012: since i had my youtube page open, i watched our last rodeo at Bogata. I sure wished we could get a team going again.

I just gave my horse a bath, decided it didnt feel just that bad out. My oldest daughter stopped by and picked up some saddle blankets. I have my own trailer, but its huge, hard to park and i'll just have one horse. She's taking her smaller trailer and just 2 horses, leaving a end spot for me, but she didnt offer it. She mentioned she was running behind and has to get it all together and hasnt hooked her trailer. I pointed at mine and said its all ready to go. She then said, na, i'm staying at the rodeo. I think that was a hint she'd rather not take her old lady. :sad-smiley-012: So here i am all dressed and nowhere to go

Shes newly divorced too, pretty much the first time she's been free in 8 years, she married the first guy she dated. Big mistake. Since the break up, i've been her buddy. Na, i understand, but it does still hurt :yar: .

Just found out that even if i decided to take myself, OH took my keys. So the trailer is hooked up, but no keys..... :motz_6:

I did rodeos when I was a kid, then switched to dressage and combined training as an adult. I remember riding in the grand entry, sometimes carrying the Texas flag and it was so cool. I had to give up riding and my horse after my divorce. It was awful.

I know exactly how you feel when you watch others riding; I try not to think about it, but as I read your thread, all the memories come rushing back...

:sad-smiley-012:

Archived