MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

SueC and bluebird are having a birthday

MomM

Thanks!

My birthday was a little unusual - I spent it driving home after a few days away. We took Mum to see/surprise her sister - about 600 km north of here and on the way home my 2nd DD rang to tell us she had been beaten up at work. She ended up with 2 black eyes and a large bruise on her leg. The child she was working with was eventually taken away by the police (the police didn't want to take him even though he had assulted two youth workers). He was returned the next day with a change to his medication after the other workers insisted on it being changed - the hospital didn't want to change it even though he was out of control and had belted a female worker. I know it is a tough job she has chosen (and still loves) but you would think other people in authority would at least help protect them.

SueC, all the Aussies I have ever known ( several) were pretty strong in alot of ways and I think your daughter knows these things happen, even if did. She cares very much, to stay at this! That takes alot of courage and those troubled kids need to know she won't just quit. Perhaps it will prove to this youth that assaulted her, that some folks really do care. Weird, maybe, but maybe the youth will realize that, at least in time. I hope his new meds work better for him. I hope your daughter will be allright. I am happy for you that you could visit with your mother and your aunt too, that must have been special!

Archived