MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I hate job interviewing

HazelStone

So I had a job interview earlier this week. They said I'd hear back from them thursday. I didn't so today I called to follow up. They said I'd hear back by a certain time today. Nope, haven't heard anything.

I find it extremely rude that while it's expected of an interviewee to send a thank-you note after the interview, few employers have the spine to send so much as an email, much less call, if you've interviewed and they're not offering you the job. Doubly so in a sales office where the staff are supposed to be more thick-skinned.

*mutters unprintable things under breath*

Send a thank you note for an interview? I've never heard of that. Is it common in your area?

As an employer, the people that sent a thank you note automatically got in for the second round of interviews. It showed follow through, courtesy, and a desire for the position.

I agree with you completely HazelStone. If you didn't get a reply at all from the company, then IMHO it wouldn't be a company that I would want to be working for.

Finding a job is like finding a partner. You never know when the right one is going to come along.

I saw this the night you posted and haven't had time to post. I've been on both sides of the desk literally & worked with my staff as they were ready to move on. Always-always-always send a thank you note to all parties that interview you. If the person would be in an equal position thank them for meeting with you, that it was nice to meet them and you hope to have the opportunity to work with them in the future. The basic thank you notes to supervisors is the general TY note. I had one that did that to me and it took a month of me calling to have them call me back. The only reason they finally got back to me was because I told them I had a job offer and needed to let them know one way or the other.

Even if I hadn't made a decision in hiring, I would always let the people that interviewed know that. It's just common courtesy to let them know and it also let's them know they could still be in the running. Making that call to a potential employee has also helped when people have changed their mind about a position. So, it sounds like the company isn't a good fit for you HazelStone and I'm sorry about that. The scary thing is if it's a large company, that has does a lot of dealing with people, and this is how they deal with potential employees how do they handle clients.

But please, keep us posted even if it's just to let us know if they finally called you.

Archived