MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

hello...again

Deerslayer

hi all!!!! :wave: well, it has been a very strange 10 months since I last posted here...I decided to quit my job of over 10 years and go on the road with DH--he is a traveling welder/pipefitter--we kept our retreat in louisiana (dd is living there while going to college), but now, i mainly live in a 5th wheel--i am still prepping away--just not as extreme as before(don't have the room) :0327: . I have been catching up by reading for the last few weeks(since I got the internet in the 5th wheel) and have missed everyone very much. :grouphug:

I am currently freezing to death in northern Wyoming--we have been here since April--and have already had snow several times(don't get that in Louisiana).

OH...don't worry Darlene...I promise to play nice, so please put that away :baseballbat::24:

(((Deer Slayer)))

It's great to see you!! I'm glad you've got the internet now and can stay in touch. Wow! what a lifestyle change! :)

As you can see, we've been busy around here. I'm still trying to improve our little homestead in the making.

Stay in touch!!

yea it was a lifesytle change...but you know, once dd had graduated, dh and i just decided that it wasn't worth it anymore--last year i saw him for 13 days total!!! ds had already gone on the road with dh so it was just me at home by myself with a job that i truely hated!!! i miss being home every now and then, but i made a commitment to this man and this marriage, so it wasn't that hard to give it all up and GO!!! we are now working on our 5 year plan and hopefully everything will work out and we will get to come off the road in that amount of time--dd is watching over the retreat and taking care of things for us

I do miss my giant kitchen and pantry--dh says it is not possiable to fit any more food into this trailer--but i bet i could LOL we were here long enough to grow some veggies in flowerpots this summer, so it was not fitting too bad!!

stephanie--i gifted you my famous pinto bean recipe on another thread--you will proablely love them--they have garlic!!!! they turn non- bean eaters into true believers LOL glad all is well with your crew!!!!

I'm with you Deerslayer. You've gotta go with the marriage. We have been living this lifestyle for over 7 years now. Just moved into a bigger travel trailer. We have spent several summers in Cheyenne and traveled north to Cody and Yellowstone. Definitely not so much room to prep but with a little imagination not impossible. Glad you are back! I have learned to pressure can on my little gas range. Now where to store what I have canned?

Archived