MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

How to clear up Sinus Problems

Dee

I live in Sinus Valley and use to get sinus infections every month until I got my new physician ( I have had her for seven years now) and she gave be whats called a Neti Pot.

It looks like a little tea cup with a long spout and you fill it with warm salt water and tip your head over the sink and put the spout in one nostril while the salt water cleans your sinus as the water drains out the other side of your nose. You repeat the process to the other side until the water is all gone.

I was telling my mom whose a nurse about it and she said thats what the old time doctors use to have their patients use when they had sinus problems and that my uncle had serious sinus when he was a boy until he started flushing out his sinus with the exact same thing I am doing.

I really believe there is something to these old time remedies and I have to tell you I haven't had to have an antibiotic in 5 years since starting the Neti Pot. If I get stuffed up I get back into using it until I am cleared up. Its the greatest thing!

Something that always works for me is to go to a chinese restaurant and eat something spicy like Kung Pao Chicken. Before I finish half of my meal my nose starts running! Plus I don't have to do the dishes after.

Oh Momo, you are so funny.

Where would a person find one of those pots, Reci?????

I use an inhailer each morning, Nasacort. It sure has helped me. I have only had one sinus infection, maybe 2 in the past year. I too was one to get them all the time.