MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Snowy Sunday

Dee

Good morning everyone!

Yep, it's another snowy day here in Northern Iowa. Nothing like some of you got this weekend.......ours will be just another 3-5 " to add to the piles that are already here....sigh! B)

I'm hoping to get a start on cleaning this house today. First off I bought a new toilet seat when I was in town and I got it changed this morning. Kind of a yucky job but it's done!!! Is that more information than you needed this Sunday morning??? :P

The birds and squirrels and feasting at the bird feeding stations as I write. There was a male cardinal but now it's sparrows and 2 squirrels. Yesterday 3 year old DG was here. He said, "Grandma, look a knock knock". What the heck I thought as I looked and sure enough there was a woodpecker eating. I suppose Mom or Dad told him that. Too cute!

Anyway, hope you all have a good day and will give us an idea of what you're up to. :grouphug:

I got off easier than the rest of my family. I only got a foot, not two. I still have power, although it did go out for about an hour. I am waiting for family that is coming to dig me out though. Hurt my back so I can't get out there and shovel even if I want to. I hear my sister and my sister-in-law talking about neighbors that have come with a plow and did their driveways. I will have to use the old fashioned method of shovels. Have no place to go. Have all that I need here, so I am in no rush. I only cheated enough to shovel a path to let the dog out. I recently got a dog about a week ago and I don't want to trust her to come back yet by just letting her out. so I had to manage a path for her to get outside. It sure is pretty out there though.

Boy, I feel guilty. It was almost 70 degrees yesterday and I was complaining this morning because it was raining. It has cleared now and we are heading towards 60 degrees. Here I am whining about cold and damp. Obviously, I have no clue. Stay warm and dry all of you in the snow.

Archived