MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Feb. 10th....National Umbrella Day

Dee

Good morning everyone.....

I don't know why National Umbrella Day would be in February but you can bet it was someone from the south who made it so. We northerners know February is not a month for umbrellas. Anyway, happy umbrella day to all of you! :D

I actually got a good start on cleaning house yesterday. Where the 8 of us play cards is in the dining room and that's the most disastrous room in the house. DH has lots of his computer stuff in there and cameras, printers, etc. etc. It's a dusty, horrendously messy place BUT today it's perfect and will stay perfect until life returns to normal on Friday.

Today I'll keep cleaning and start doing a little cooking/preparing for tomorrow. I'm having chicken enchiladas, beans, salad, deviled eggs, brownies (chocolate of some kind is a must), chips, salsa, trail mix, veggie tray and dip. We eat lunch first and then play cards and graze the rest of the afternoon. Gosh but it's fun and so good. It's especially fun when it's at anothers house!

So, that's my day in a nutshell.....what's yours look like?

Have a good one... :grouphug:

Good morning Dee and everyone else~

Dee~ After I laughed hysterically at the National Umbrella Day and told DH, who also laughed. I figured it out! Do you remember the umbrellas that came down around you instead of out? I had one when I was little and it was clear with some character or something on it. If, like us, you use it as a deflector for snow. It should be carried in front of you a little high so your face is in the covered zone. It must be clear so you can see where you are going and also watch where the drifts are. (Think the Star Wars movie {original} when they went into hyper-drive and all of the stars blurred around the window. :24::24::24: Sorry, it's either the lack of sleep or the cold (HVAC man just arrived :woohoo: ).

The plans of the day have been revised to make a quick exit if they can't fix the furnace. The failures that came with this storm aren't being looked at as "failures" in my eyes. I realized yesterday while driving I don't have a first aid kit (band aids, wipes, etc) in my purse so that was the first thing that was made evident. The kids bob's are now packed (will need to find different bags and a new one for "stuff" for them) but no first aid kit to grab or snacks. I think that when the roof is replaced this spring, we will look into the long discussed wood burning stove. So, it wasn't an awful experience just a learning experience.

So, have a wonderful day and stay warm. :bighug2:

Let's see, going to work this morning it was slicker than snot and half as fun.

Now north/south roads are drifting east/ west not to bad.

I can see they are snowplowing the runway at the airport right now.

I am getting over my cold . Sliped on the porch twisted my ankle .

Other than that it was a ok day.

I AM SSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOO READY FOR SPRING!

I had a umbrella like that.

Well today is definitely not an umbrella day here in NC. Winds are blowing at 18mph with gust up to 25mph. We have white caps on mud puddles in the yard. Lord help me! I do not have enough lotion or carmex for this weather. I wasn't this cold when the weather was down to 18* My bones are cold.

I do remember those umbrellas Jori. I grew up in the L.A. area and we seldom used umbrellas there. I don't know why, we just didn't back then. Living on the prairie now we don't use umbrellas either because when it rains it's usually horrendous winds that would blow the umbrella to the next county.

Cute picture Leah!

Archived