MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Foggy Thursday

Dee

Morning everyone....

It's a foggy morning here with absolutely gorgeous frosted trees. The first time I saw trees like this I took a whole roll of film. Amazingly beautiful.

Anyway, I've been starting seeds this morning. So far I've done 4 kinds of tomatoes, cabbage, jalapeno peppers, sweet red peppers, cabbage and pumpkin. I think that's all. I'm not sure about starting and then transplanting pumpkins but I decided to give it a try. I have more to do but am out of room. I'm trying things differently this year and didn't realize I needed more space already. So I'm done until I reogranize.

I going to lunch at noon and then we'll play 500, so it's another busy day.

What's happening in your life today? :grouphug:

I picked up 15 dozen canning jars, mostly quarts, yesterday for $3 a dozen at an estate sale. He also had about four dozen pint jars still full of food he threw in for free. He mentioned no one would buy them with food still in them and thought they were useless. I gladly took them, while my husband who was standing next to me almost fell over,, lol. He was fine when i explained to him I was going to empty them and clean them up.

So, my task for today is washing and checking the jars over,, and probobly tomorrow!

Hope everyone is having a good day.

That is one lucky find Kathy!

I stopped at the library tonight to pick up my next book A Woman After God's Own Heart, which the library actually ordered immediately for me upon my suggestion email. Came home to find my lettuce is already sprouting :)

I let the younger bunny out for a hop while I finally added hinges and a latch to the second door. I had just left it wedged in the opening all this time, but it needs to be nice and sturdy for the impending move outside. So now after 3 months the hutches are finally complete...lol. Also posted a want ad on craistlist and freecycle for 2'x4' pieces of plywood so I can build a roof and wind break to place the hutches in outdoors.

Had Spanish Rice and Black Beans on the menu for tonight (yes, I'm starting to meal plan!!!) but not really hungry, so I'm going to graze on some salad instead and save it for tomorrow.

What a great deal Kathy! That's the way to start a day! And photos of frosted trees sound beautiful. Can you post them Dee or do you have a photo hosting site?

I have had a low key day--did some cleaning, made brownies and got our water heater fixed. If it was a month later, we wouldn't need to get it fixed as the cold water is as hot as the "hot" is now.

It was bright, clear and warm today with a high of about 70 or maybe a little more. Tomorrow it's back to work so I hope you all have a great few days!!!

Oh my snapshotmiki I took those pictures 40 years ago. Sometimes when I'm digging for something else I run across them but don't have any idea where they actually are. I'll take some with my digital camera the next time it happens and post them for you.

Archived