MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Well..i had to put my 21 yr old cat to sleep this afternoon.

It was one of the toughest choices i've had to make.

She's been with us our whole married life.

Tabbie was my furbaby.

I don't know why you guys are the first people i wanted to tell.....

So many of you will understand (Mare)

Thats probably why .....

------------------

DebbieLee.jpg?bcUHRh9AutwpY9DM

[This message has been edited by debbielee (edited August 16, 2002).]

((((((Debbie)))))) It's almost like losing a (human) member of the family. frown.gif

Is that a pic of your kittie in your sig?

We have 2 cats and a dog. Got the first cat prior to Y2K as a potential mouser. Got the second one cause my son found her caught in a bush outside of his workplace. Mr. Butterscotch (kittie #1) is more like a doggie- comes when you call him, begs for food, will eat out of your hand, etc. Bobbie (#2) is definately an outside cat, but not as wild as she would have been had she remained a stray. smile.gif [ALL the animals are "fixed".] She comes home when she's hungry. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

------------------

midnight.jpg

"Sooner or later everyone quotes their mother."

I had to give all my pets away when we left the U.S. in June. I hated having those big brown eyes look at me in the rearview mirror every time I dropped another *family member* off. frown.gif

I don't even like to talk about it.

*passing a box of Kleenex to DebbieLee*

------------------

homest.jpg

Oh Beb, I'm so sorry about Tabbie, tears welled up in my eyes just reading your post.

I dread the day when my big fat cat will have to go. I expect it anyday, she is not very healthy and is about 13 or 14 years old. We got her from someone who knew she had been abused as a young cat. So I spoiled her.

I feel terrible for you.

grin.gif

------------------

brigid.gif

Debbielee, I'm SO very sorry...words just don't help, but I'm thinking of you and your sweet furbaby. There is a website that helped me alot when I lost Jess www.petloss.com

They have a candlelight ceremony every Monday night for the angels that crossed the Rainbow Bridge during the week. I hope that you can find some comfort there. {{{Debbielee}}}

((((((Debbielee))))))) I know I'll be going through this myself one of these years soon. All 3 of my dogs are 13. Cats are older. I just pray they don't all leave me at once.

di

------------------

diinmi.jpg

WOW, 21 years old. That is really old for a small animal.

I know how you feel, we lost our faithful dog last summer. She lived to be 14 and was the best dog I ever had. It leaves a big hole in your heart.

I never believed that animals had souls and went to heaven too until one day my husband and his mother showed it to me in the Bible.

I hope that that knowledge will be of a comfort to you as it was to me.

Hill

I'm so sorry about your loss...but I know exactly what you mean when you said this was the first place you wanted to share about it...

There's just something very special about this place.

------------------

d5.jpg

I'm so sorry about your loss, Deb. I know it is a rough thing to go through, as we went through it a few years back.

We will be going through it again sometime soon probably as our 2 dogs are about 11, and the vet says their life span is about 12.

Just know that a lot of us understand and are with you.

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

(((((((Deb))))))) huge hugs darlin. You already know I've been through this (many times). It's heart breaking to lose a member of the family; our pets are our children, since we couldn't have any.

I wish I could give you a for real hug in person!

------------------

shepherd.gif