MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Questino about saving pizza dough

Hey I made pizza dough in my breadmaker today but won't have time to use it today so we'll use it tomorrow. I was just going to wrap it in saran wrap and put it in the fridge til tomorrow. When I take it out of the breadmaker, I knead of it for a minute, then let it sit for 15 minutes, then roll it out into the pizza pan and let it rise for 20 minutes before using it. Where in this process should I Put it in the fridge? After it rises, before it rises, what?

you can do it two ways ( like we do)

1) right after it comes out of breadmaker (we make ours by hand) BEFORE it raises wrap it plastic wrap and THEN put in a BIG ziplock and into fridge. IT WILL swell a bit and that is way you need to bag it. Then when you want to make a pizza just take it out and let it 'rest' on counter for 15 - 20 minutes to get back to room temp. Then just make a pizza.

OR

2) take it out, make a pizza shell the size you want ( use fork to poke holes all around so it doesn't 'bubble up' while baking) and bake it in oven for about 10 minutes. When cool wrap the whole thing up and put in fridge. when ready to make pizza just take out the shell, put on toppiing and bake for 8 - 10 minutes in 425 degree oven.

**and you can let it stay in fridge for a few days if something comes up and you can't make it when planed.

something is ALWAYS cooming up here!

Archived