MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Happy 4th of July!!!!

txliberty

Wow....from the looks of things, everyone is out of town [or off the Internet] for the holiday. :lol:

But yes, I also hope everyone had a safe and fun Independence Day.

Did anyone hear the poll that was taken? They asked people what this day was about. Specifically...WHO did this country get independence from? A horrifically high percentage of folks didn't know. Some thot they knew and were wrong! :shakinghead: Seems also that females [who generally get better grades in school] were worse at this question than males. :shrug: Is that cuz females GENERALLY aren't as interested in the topic of 'wars' as males?

MtRider [....btw, the answer is "England"..... :rolleyes: ]

Is that the best quiz you could come up with... "Who did this country get independence from?"

:D

Yeah, that's why I watch Leno sometimes, for "Jaywalking". It's a segment where they ask people questions - basic questions any school child SHOULD know - and it's on tape. It amazes me that people don't know that the earth revolves around the sun, or that the North won the Civil War, or that we've been a country since 1776.

http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/video/...mn%7Cjaywalking

(one of many)

The worst ones are when they're TEACHERS! :blink:

Thanks, txliberty, we did have a nice 4th of July. I got to see a great fireworks display from a pontoon boat in a lake. They had some fun new ones this year. Unfortunately there was also a mushroom-shaped fireball that ALSO exploded less than 50 feet up off the island where they light them, but apparently nobody was hurt. Something didn't get off the ground well. :o

Stay cool, stay hydrated! Looks like a hot week for many of us!

Archived