MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Lovely Sunny Sunday

Dee

Good morning everyone :wave:

My but it's a beautiful morning here in Northern Iowa. The humidity and temperature are down so I've opened the house to air it out. I hear the birds singing, squirrels chattering and 3 kittens are following their mother through the yard. Off to hunt I suppose. What a morning!

The downsize to all of this is the humidity and heat moving back in this afternoon and thunderstorms possibly tonight. I am going to enjoy the morning and let the latter part of today worry about itself.

Let's see, what's new...oh yeah! After farmer's market yesterday I stopped at a nursery about ready to close for the year. I bought 4 6 packs of strawberries for $4 per pack. I need to get them planted this morning while it's nice. I also bought 4 perrenials that were very cheap. The perrienials look a little tough but they'll be beautiful next year after having the rest of this summer to establish themselves. Does anyone else buy at the end of the season like this? I love it and get my best bargains that way.

My 3 year old grandson walked in with his Dad yesterday saying I'm here to stay. He did stay all afternoon and actually fell asleep on my lap for an hour or so.....ah, contentment on both our parts. That lasted until Mom brought over my 21 month old granddaughter for me to watch also. That girl livens the room up much too much for anyone to sleep. We 3 had a great time!

It's 8:30 so time to get outside before the sun gets any higher. I'm sure my grandson will be out to "help" when he sees me working. You all have a great day and let us know what's going on in your world! :grouphug:

Good Morning--Now that it is hot here in NM our A/C went out yesterday. Roof a/c costs $1200 or so. We went toWalmart this morning and got a good size window unit for less than $200. We have 240 sq. ft. and this unit does 300+. DH is putting it in today.

We are having Homemade chix vegie soup and biscuits for dinner.

Supposed to be 92 here today, maybe cloudy this afternoon.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

It is hot as usual here in Florida. Normally Sunday would be spent at church but we have some massive van troubles so we had to track down a place that would allow us to just buy and have one tire installed. We also set up our Sam's Club membership. We have Costco but my husband works for Wally World so we get discounts at Sam's so we thought we would give it a try.

Leftovers and quick stuff for dinner!

Good evening!

I can't believe the weekend is gone already. We received wonderful news (offically) from my BIL (in the AF) and his girlfriend. They are engaged and looking at possible tying the knot at the end of the year. He is waiting on orders so they will go from there. We now have everyone married with at least one child or married on both sides of our immediate family.

Dee~ thanks for sending the short rain storm. It was a nice, steady downpour for about 20 minutes. People all over were hit harder and lost power for awhile but we came through with just the rain (ever so thankful as I had the pressure canner going when it hit.

Hope everyone had a wonderful day!

Archived