MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Friday on the farm

Dee

Good morning everyone :wave:

It's a rainy morning again but should clear off this afternoon and I think be nice over the weekend.

A friend of mine has greenbeans coming out her ears and has offered me a bag so I'm debating on the farmers' market or canning them myself. I've about decided on the farmer's market as my canner holds 20 pints and I think I'll wait until I have at least that many. Mine haven't done much yet but when they do I'll can them.

DGS felt ok yesterday after getting home from the dr. He called last night wanting to come over for awhile so I went and got him. He played 10 mins or so and then crawled up on my lap and spent the next couple of hours there until Dad came after him. He was so hot but hopefully better this morning. I haven't talked to anyone over there yet.

I don't like him not feeling good but he'll be 4 in Nov. and him cuddling up much with me has pretty well stopped. It felt good just to hold and cuddle him last night, he's such a sweetie.

I have nothing going on today and, if it stays that way, this will be the day to do the pantry or freezer for sure. Keeping my fingers crossed. :tapfoot:

What's happening in your world today? Got any big plans for the weekend? Have a great day and see you tomorrow. :grouphug:

Good morning! Dee, my DGS will be 4 on Nov. 11. They are so sweet at that age. He spends a lot of time with me and is thrilled that I will be living with them soon. I hope your little one is feeling better soon.

It looks like more rain here today :D. We had nearly an inch yesterday. The high is supposed to be only 97, which is a big relief from 110!

I have to take my mom to her place to check on things and pick up the mail. That will take up a large part of the day since her place is almost two hours away. Why do older people have to be sooooo stubborn when it becomes necessary to sell an unmanageable place and move closer to family? She stays with me all the time now, but will have to make other plans when my DD and I get a place together. Cranky old woman + 2 active boys under the age of four = too much stress

We are still waiting to hear on the house we are trying to buy, but it is no longer appearing on the real estate web site. I'm already planning what we will plant this fall, so we better get the house.

Right now, I am not canning anything. I'm sorting and packing. With so much to go through I decided to pack stuff that I want to keep and don't need right now. That way I can tell family to look at what is left and take what they want. Everything else will go into a yard sale and the leftovers will be donated.

My DGS will be 4 on Nov. 8th so they're almost twins. It's such a fun age and he still loves to come to Grandma's to play. Of course, Grandma plays whatever he wants and always let's him win. DS says, "MOM" but I figure he has the rest of his life and the rest of the world to teach him to lose. Nope, he's always a winner at Grandma's.

He has a sister that will be 2, Oct. 13th. She's the opposite of her brother. She can't get into enough, cause trouble enough or figure out enough to do. My but she's fun and those little eyes just sparkle as she grabs the remote, or something similar, and runs.

I've got the fan pointed towards the freezer and letting it do the thawing as I write. I was going to the library first to get the beans but thought NO,NO,NO, get the freezer done. I know myself well enough that I'd sit down to drink a cup of coffee and the morning would be gone before I knew it. Yep freezer first!

Not appearing on the website, I sure hope that means you're getting it. One thing good about moving is what you're doing, sorting, giving away and throwing. It's exactly what I should do but not planning a move I just keep on shoving this and that back in the closets and adding more.

Have a good one!

I made it to my sister's house. Everyone is still living, 16 year old may not make it back if she has the same attitude. I will not make it as a big city driver. I think Indy was worse than St. Louis was tho, but that could have been the time of day.

I never did get to clean my freezers or pantry yesterday. A couple from church wanted to go out of town to a surplus store not too far away. He thought he would be able to find some cheap boots and gloves for the upcoming mission trip to Sturgis.

I'm trying not to get upset about this trip but our church is always extremely supportive of all the mission trips through out the year but this one. They go to Africa and several other places but have an attitude that those 'nasty bikers' don't need/deserve to be ministered to. This trip has taken all my DH vacation leave, all of our vacation money, and probably our school shopping money. We aren't the only ones struggling with the cost of this trip.

I guess it really doesn't matter because both my DH and I felt very strongly that God really wanted him to go this year and it will all work it's self out....it always does. It just amazes me that people would deem others as not 'worthy enough' to waste their time/money on.

thanks for giving me a place to vent a little... :soapbox:

bb

Alot of the guys and a few women from here go to Sturgis yearly. I'm sure there are some "rotten apples" but the ones from here are nice people. They all have jobs and most have families and it's just a get away for them.

I'm glad your DH is going. There's 1000's of people there and the ministry will be good for all. I wonder why so many people think you have to go to another country to minister, like we don't need it here..hmmmm.

Oh and btw the freezer is defrosted and it's a good job done!!! :nail:

I have zucchini walnut bread in the oven right now and cinnamon rolls raising on the counter, all for farmer's market tomorrow. I found a few carrots and cucumbers to take and will also take the greenbeans from my friend. I am ready to face the masses. :laughkick:

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Dee....glad you got your freezer done!! (and good luck at the market tomorrow)

I have to do mine either tonight or first thing tomorrow. Someone didn't shut the door completely and now I have ice built up .....kids!!! :0327:

I had a huge bag of spinach in the front that I had to tossed, but everything else survived.

I want to get a chest freezer instead of the upright so gavity will help it stay closed.

I know good people go to Sturgis. The groups that DH is going with will be doing several things from the ministry tents to first aid stations, help with broke down riders, hand out water, etc. I can't go because I still have young'ins at home and it's no place for them.

Tonight we have a house full of girls. Tomorrow they are having an Amazing Race around town where they will go in teams to some of the homes of older people in our church and have a 'chore' to complete then get clues to follow to the next home for another 'chore' and so on . The first team to complete all of their destinations/chores to make it back to the church will win a prize. It should be interesting. I just hope they don't stress out our senior adults too much and that they really get some things done around the homes to help out.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Blessings,

bb

What a great way for the kids to help the elders. A win, win for everyone.

I've had the freezer door left open a few times too. NOW, I have the front "feet" screwed down more and the back "feet" clear up so it tilts back a tad. Not a whole bunch, don't even know if it's noticeable unless you really study it but the door automatically closes. I've done it this way for a number of years now and never had it stay open since.....of course, my kids are grown and gone too so............. :P

My DGS will be 4 on Nov. 8th so they're almost twins. It's such a fun age and he still loves to come to Grandma's to play. Of course, Grandma plays whatever he wants and always let's him win. DS says, "MOM" but I figure he has the rest of his life and the rest of the world to teach him to lose. Nope, he's always a winner at Grandma's.

He has a sister that will be 2, Oct. 13th. She's the opposite of her brother. She can't get into enough, cause trouble enough or figure out enough to do. My but she's fun and those little eyes just sparkle as she grabs the remote, or something similar, and runs.

I've got the fan pointed towards the freezer and letting it do the thawing as I write. I was going to the library first to get the beans but thought NO,NO,NO, get the freezer done. I know myself well enough that I'd sit down to drink a cup of coffee and the morning would be gone before I knew it. Yep freezer first!

Not appearing on the website, I sure hope that means you're getting it. One thing good about moving is what you're doing, sorting, giving away and throwing. It's exactly what I should do but not planning a move I just keep on shoving this and that back in the closets and adding more.

Have a good one!

That is so funny! My other DGS will be one on October 24. He is the opposite of his brother, too. Wants to eat everything, grab everything, and put everything in his mouth. If we lived in the same area I bet we would have some fun times visiting and letting the grandkids play.

Archived