MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

It's Monday....rise and shine

Dee

Good morning everyone! :wave:

It's a cloudy morning here with a temperature of 70. We had storms last night with terrible winds. It even blew one of the screens off the window. Never had that happen before! Yeah Jori, your radar was right, we were getting lambasted again. Is it heading your way today?

With DS back to work this morning and the "perfects" at daycare I think I'll have the day to myself so the cleaning can "continue". I really didn't get much done yesterday but the kitchen and bathroom floors but I hate doing them so it's a big dent made.

With having company all morning yesterday I didn't get the chicken and noodles finished up so we'll have that today.

With the cloudy morning DH and I both slept in until 7:00 so I'm running later this morning. I'm off to eat breakfast and get busy.

Let us know what you're up to today and be sure to stop and smell the roses along the way! :grouphug:

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.

Pablo Picasso (1881 - 1973)

Hot here today already. Got up with DH this morning for him to go to work and 5 a.m. so we could make juice but today is an unpaid furlough day for me so going to make the most of the time off.

The dog, Oskar Schindler, and I went out for a morning 3 mile jaunt but by the time we got home he was panting like crazy because of the heat.

Going to work on some sewing projects today and think about what I am going to start canning once the canner I bought on-line yesterday gets here.

Morning everyone~

We are suppose to get hit with the storms but it's just gloomy for the time. I figure we'll start getting it when I try to do the next batch of tomatoes - as long as the power stays on I can handle the storms.)

Linda - what type of canner did you order? I have been moving my WBC so I can use my pressure and then back for the last 2 weeks. LOL!!!

Correction Dee, it is now raining. I guess I'm going to get wet when I grab peppers out of the garden. Oh well.

Not much going on here today. I'm going to process the bushel of tomatoes I bought yesterday and freeze the green beans.

Have a great one!

Jori :bighug2:

I am really missing DH and he will be gone until at least Saturday. He made it to Sturgis and he and the other guys were going over to Mount Rushmore this morning and ride through the mountains. I would have loved to go but we still have the 'younins' at home and Sturgis in no place for them..so maybe next time.

DS called and asked me to come visit him in Pittsburg for a few days and said he would send me a ticket. He wants me to come up when the leaves start changing colors....sounds wonderful. I am so proud of him. He went back to college, got a 4.0 and graduated in May with a safety degree. According to Forbes the #3 top internship to get was with G.E. and he got it!!! His intership is up in December but they have asked him to enter their 2 year training program and there is no telling where they will send him.

It seems those of you to the north of me are getting all the rain and storms we would normally get here in southern Oklahoma. We have had 100+ heat daily for about 2 weeks and no rain. The leaves are all turning brown and falling off the trees. Some neighborhoods almost look like it is fall with all the leaves on the ground.

Need to go get busy on my to-do list. I think I might go on a mini road trip of my own if I get it all done. Me and the girls love the IKEA store in Dallas so we may run down there later this week.

Hope you all have a great day.

Blessings,

BB

TOO FUNNY.......................

As That is just what I said to poor Lori at 6 am about getting up because the plumber was coming early to work on a few things.

We are 'trying' to get the homestead to look older (doesn’t everybody else try and make theirs more modern?) anyway the sink faucet in the kitchen has started to drip and so it was time to fix it. But why just get a new washer and STILLL have a bad looking one for a homestead. And I hate the counter top in the bathroom that we are trying to make look like an old log cabin bathroom (even doing the paneling sideway to look like logs.

So might as well get it all done on one trip to save service calls, right.

So I called my 'guy' and asked how much to do it all?

Got a good deal and he also told me where to go to get things on sale (a closeout place).

So then I started do odd jobs here and there and putting money aside for this work.

Then called him back and said I was ready and when can he come-

Today was the day and I helped so saved more money as his helper was away ( don't you love it)

Job is done!

when from round clear handles (ick) to paddle handles in both, the kitchen one has a higher spout so we don't have to fill the big pots and canners from the bathtub anymore. The new bathroom sink top looks like a old white washstand (base was still good after I covered it with woodgrain contact paper).

Sinks look GREAT!

And Lori is happy.

:AmishMichaelstraw:

Although it was reasonably cool last night the humidity started early this morning. I got up at 5:30 and started a wash before going out to chore.

After milking and getting the milk pasteurizing , I headed out to the garden to gather tomatoes and okra. This time i remembered to wear a long sleeve shirt and gloves! I am developing a reaction to tomatoes and okra and it sets me on fire. I felt fine after coming in and changing my shirt. The tomatoes look great but are not setting on as I have expected. They really putting on the suckers instead.

I made laundry soap so I can wash a load tomorrow .

Sat down to rest and took a nap. Naps like that usually come in the afternoon for me.

The heat really felt oppressive so stayed in and started cleaning shelves. Got two done and now need to change directions.

When it gets cooler I will go up on the hill and check the property, if one of the mares is available I will ride her so I can see above the weeds and brush.

This has been a hot two weeks, i liked our cooler than normal weather we have had for the last years. This is more normal but maybe a little longer in duration.

Twilight

Archived