MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Wonderful Saturday

mommafitz

Happy Saturday Everybody! :wave:

I had a mentally exhausting week. Work is so intense that my brain has been in overload. :sassing: DS2 had some unforeseen money issues with college we had to deal with but are now handled. :faint3: DH hasn't had enough sleep this week. We are just POOPED! :rolleyes:

DS2 is home for the weekend. He really likes college. His professors are great and the class sizes are very small-25 students at the most! He should really excel and we couldn't be happier! :woohoo:

The economic news is dire. All we can do is keep prepping. So many are simply ignoring whats going on and it drives me nuts. :tapfoot:

I need this weekend as a reprieve. I plan to continue doing things here at home to make it comfortable. I still gotta hang pictures and find items that I've lost! :blush:

Ya'll have a fantabulous day! I'm going to!!!!! :cheer:

mommafitz

Saturday morning...so different than the beginning of this week! The sky has some cloud layer to it. Hard to believe that on Wednesday it registered 110 in some places, and today, "they" say we won't even hit the 80s.

I'm working on packing and preparing for the big move in October. It's hard to be energetic when the work week has worn me down both physically and emotionally. But I know that there is an end in sight. And the countdown has started. And there will come a time in the near future where I will be glad I pushed so hard now to get this done so we can be on our way. In the meantime, it's one more cup of coffee and a few minutes reading and catching up with all my e-friends and acquaintances.

We've been out yard sailing this morning and come up with a big nothing! Few yard sales and nothing of value where there was one or two. I have a couple of boxes to make for shipping items today and very little else planned. Yesterday I got 2 roasted chickens for $3 total. Since I use propane for my oven I figure $1.50 a chix isn't a bad price. Made Chix alfredo for dinner that should last a few nights. The rest of the chix will be for chix salad and maybe freeze a little for another meal. Prep item of the week--Had overpaid a credit card so out of the overpayment I ordered a 2 piece bathing suit pattern from ebay for underclothes pattern in the future. Including shipping--$5.58.

Hope you all get some rest! And have a good day!

Waiving across the picket fence. Good to see you all! Mommafitz, TD, and Miki. Can relate to particularly stressful, tiring, trying and emotional week. Whoever invented the phrase TGIF sure got it right. Didn't think I could handle anymore of the weeks craziness yesterday. Stuggles with the school, stress at work. All the general garbage. What a difference a day makes. And remembering what's truly important. :darlenedance:

Last night the family gathered to watch seasons first football game (ds#3 plays). Even though our team lost it was a night of fun and relaxation. We sat across the aisle from sister and family who had to cheer for the other team. She's a teacher and her husband city PD in that district. Several jovial remarks across the way when they're team or ours did something good. Or bad LOL.

This morning ds#1 was here for awhile. Ds#2 also prior to heading to Lowe's with grandpa to buy stuff for finishing up bathroom project. Lots of laughs and reevaluating the game. The DIL wanted to go along with the guys and asked if grandma minded watching the four critters. Well of course she doesn't mind, heavens, it's taken lots of years and prayers for them not to be living 1200 miles away for this very reason. For all her babies, big or small, to be living close. It feels good for ole granny to be available when they need or want a babysitter. Breakfast was scrambled eggs from our own hens. Got the critters playing tic tac toe on the front porch while I take a quick peek in here. After that I'm sure the process of running in and out for more popcicles and kool-aid will continue. The weather is fantastic. No need for A/C today, front door can remain open with slight breeze. Grannyhas lots of trucks to drive in the dirt and other stuff to do. In fact such a nice day, I do believe we'll schedule another tea party. At the picnic table. Uh oh! Gotta go. Cat fight. Literally. Nine cats/kittens of various colors and sizes and the critters are fussing over who get's to hold Jasper (only black kitten) at this very moment. ROFL

A wonderful saturday indeed. :bighug2:

Been a busy weekend. Since I was sick last weekend, I had to work this one to make it up. So, I worked 6am-2pm Saturday and Sunday. Saturday, came home and canned 10 pints of dilly beans and 34 pints of pickled beets. Today, after work, I canned 16 quarts of peaches, 8 1/2 quarts tomotoes, and 12 1/2 quarts dill pickles. We also worked our hogs with the help of the neighbor - 5 girls and 4 boys - shots and "fixing' the boys. Sigh ... I'm tired.

Archived