MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Dreary Sunday

mommafitz

Good Mornin' Ya'll! :wave:

We woke up to a cloudy Sunday. I'm feeling a bit under the weather . *snicker* My allergies are acting up. It's the changing of the seasons I know. My ears and throat are bothering me. :shrug:

I don't know why I even plan my weekends anymore. I was hoping to be home most of yesterday to do some extra things here at home......didn't happen. DH and I ended up going here and there in town.

He was home early from deer hunting and didn't get one. Our water heater died so Landlady sent a plumber yesterday afternoon. That was great but it took all afternoon and into the evening. :(

We will take DS2 back to college today. He likes to get back about midday. We will leave shortly after breakfast I guess. DH doesn't want to come straight home so my afternoon will be gone. Then tomorrow starts

another stressful week at work.

Did I mention that I have laundry and dishes to wash? and vacuuming to do? I'm never going to get the unpacking done!!!! :motz_6:

Sorry.....lost control there for a minute.......... :whistling:

Make the most of your day! Have a good one!!!!!

mommafitz

Good morning Mommafitz and everyone else to follow~

It was dreary here as well but it looks like the sun is trying to poke through. DD is still coughing it's better than Thursday night was. She is running a fever on and off so not sure if she'll make it to preschool tomorrow.

Need to do a few errands sometime today as well as make dinner, meatloaf, I think. I think DH is going to try and bury a down spout and work on the fall preparation for the garden.

That's about it. Have a great day!

good morning all--

it is a beautiful fall morning here--it rained most of the night and boy am i glad--we needed it to keep the chance of prairie fires down for another week--

spent most of yesterday shopping--need to get some trim put up in the kitchen and paint my dining room table today--i am almost finished with the kitchen(if i keep telling myself that--maybe i will believe it one day :24: )

also need to do a little more winter prep today--it is right around the corner--and knee surgery soon will keep me down for a while--so i need to get it all finished!!

well, off to church---have a great day everyone!!

Good morning! Bright and sunny here in NM this morning. Made cinnamon pancakes (from my Depression Era cookbook), eggs, bacon for breakfast. DH says they are the best pancakes he's ever had--and made from scratch. Already cleaned the fans--have to do that often in this dry dusty climate. Did some printing and moved the printer back to its" home". Have a little cleaning to do in the kitchen this afternoon and finish pedicure (not at the same time). Making fried spam, baked beans and salad for dinner. Still cooking frugally. Later I really want to put together the slingbow that I have been trying to get to for several days now. We have 7 ebay items ending today and have to do follow up for that also. that ought to keep me busy enough for the day.

Hope you all have a blessed Sunday!

Wow, it's been a busy weekend! Friday, when i got home from work, I took oil and annointed and prayed over all four corners of the ranch. I have felt so much better since. Hard to describe, but there is more peace here.

Yesterday, we sorted about half the cows and separated them from the calves. It's time to wean to get ready to send them to the sale barn (which I want to have done before the election). This morning, we did the other half. Which means I'll be listening to bellering cows and crying calves for the next few nights! BIL and SIL visited yesterday and we harvested a gob of sunflowers. The ceiling of my garage is covered with bunches of drying flowers, yarrow, marshmallow, and horehound. I still need to harvest sage, but right now, I don't have a place to put it!

I canned 16 quarts of cabbage yesterday, and today I need to finish up some firecracker carrots, watermelon rind pickles, slaw, and more cabbage. Oh, and do something with the tomatoes and peppers I found hiding in the green bushes that are plants yesterday. DH is hauling hay today - it will take about 6 hours or more. I'm also trying to come down with something - wouldnt you know it - since I start my new job on Wednesday!

Archived