MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Good one!

Trudy

This afternoon my old boss and his wife stopped by for a short visit. He has a Heat & AC business, and was making a call in my neighborhood. I call him 'my old boss', but he's really more like a dad to me. I worked for him for 15 years and he was the best! Now 85 years old, and he still continues to do jobs for some of his loyal customers. So-- he asked me why dh had put an ac in the living room window, and I told him that last year the central unit started making a humming noise so we shut it down. We then decided to use the window units we had in storage, and save our money for a new heat pump. (He always was a joker - just had to ask me "Did it just hum, or did it sing too!)LOL Anyhow.. he said "Turn it on and let me listen" then"Turn it off, I know what's wrong with it" He reached over in the fan and pulled out a piece of paper! Some kind of a diagram of the system that was on the wall had gotten pulled into the fan. We had been over a year with no central heat (using space heaters) or air! Oh well- we all got a good laugh out of that one. He asked why I hadn't already called him to check it out. Well, for years I had listened to him complain, and even turn down jobs on mobile home units because the ductwork was so hard for him to get to. I just didn't want to bother him. Only took about 5 minutes - and now I can look foreward to a warmer winter this year! P.S.-- I sent them home with a supply of relishes!

We had something like that happen with our furnace. It was making a heck of a racket. We called a friend in to look at it. He poked around for a minute and it was the paper label that explained how to light the pilot. That must be a common thing yet I had never known of anyone else to have that happen until you posted your story!

Here's to a warmer winter for you and your family!

Thanks you guys for the reminder of His goodness.My Mom used to say "God is ever mindful of his children." That is so true! I don't remember ever verbaly praying about this, but He supplied the need anyhow! Hey themartianchick - I never thought of it until I read your post, but I'll just bet that in all his years of ac work, that he had come across this same problem many time before! So that was how he knew so fast! And that old rascal just stood there grinning like a possum! Struttin like an old banty rooster! I'll bet that he is still :24: ing at the look on my face....He always loved to 'get one on me'---O.K. Mr L, I'll give you 1 point--but watch out ......Ms Trudy starts plotting......

Archived