MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Bag Balm & Udder Cream

Jori

I just spent a small fortune on Bag Balm (9.00), is it the same thing as udder cream? The PharmD recommended it for my hands so that's what I got.

No. Udder cream is creamy, like a thick hand lotion. Bag Balm is a balm and it's .... greasy? It's really good for dry hands, but they are different.

Bag Balm works better for me when my hands are really bad, or reddened from washing them so much at work (hospital).

Udder cream is good, too, but neither dh nor I think it works as well. Dh uses Bag Balm when he's been working out in the shop and his hands are dried out from chemicals or concrete.

I can bend my hands!!!!!:darlenedance:

I used the bag balm 3 times yesterday (from about 4 until I went to bed) the cuts are still there but I can bend my hands and the horrible chapped looking skin is gone.

Thank you so much for your help Marjorie!!!!

I might go buy the last 2 tins Walgreens had and put it in the preps.:whistling:

Thank you again!!!

We love Bag Balm! My dd's lips dry up so bad that they crack and bleed. Bag Balm is one of the only things that makes it so that she doesn't bleed. It also works wonders on her hands. I've used it for everything from diaper rash to cracked heels to lips.

One caution though, I don't know that I would buy a ton of it at once. After a while, it tends to start getting darker in color. I'm not sure if that's because it's going bad or what. We still use it up, but I just thought I'd mention it. One of the 10 oz tins lasts us 1-2 years! They make a smaller tin that is useful to have, in case you don't go through it so quickly.

• 1 month later...

Archived