MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Our Wedding

Guest Guest

It was wonderful! We really enjoyed it and so did our guests. We got a lot of compliments on it. It was funny and very relaxed.

Thanks to all your prayers, the day started off chili, cloudy and windy. But as we neared the time of our wedding and as guests began to arive, it suddenly cleared up. It was sunny, warm and perfect weather.

I had the pleasure of meeting am internet friend for the first time as she and her family were the first ones to arrive. She dressed up in her pioneer outfit and brought her gun. She followed behind me with her gun when we got hitched.

Totally unplaned by us, Ray, a friend of my husband's family, dressed up in bibs, made a corn cob pipe out of a section of field corn I had brought the day before, and was toting his gun. So we had him follow behind my husband when we got hitched. He played the part perfectly. Everyone thought we had planned everything and his part in it but we hadn't. He played the part so well we just added him to it.

Our preacher was terriffic also! He really played his part (all unrehersed) as a hillbilly preacher to the T.

We had planned to not have a cake and ended up with TWO cakes! One was made by the hillbilly preacher from a recipe he found on the net. I was actually a Hillbilly Cake! The other was made by my husband's cousin and was wonderful. It was every bit professional quality in every way. She even put pictures of a hillbilly boy and hillbilly girl standing on top of the cake!

We made sure there was plenty of food for all to eat to their hearts content with plenty of leftovers. The human vultures came diving in and made sure they got all the wanted to take home with them. They was not going to leave us anyrthing, not even the left over plates, napkins and plastic silverware. Those were catered for us by my best friend's catering service. So I had to literally take them out of the vultures hands and give them back to my friends.

They tried to get my best friend and her husband to join them in picking the scraps (leftovers)and they told them we spent every spare cent we had to purchase all that food and other things and they would not touch or take anything without talking to me first. My mother-in-law told them it is a wedding, thats how we do it at all weddings. My best friend then said, maybe you do but we do not take anything that they bought without being told by them that we can have it first.

But that was the only bad part. My husband and I talked about it later and we both agreed it was in very bad taste on his family's part and most knew the left over food was being given to a family that both are disabled and needed the food. They got one half gallon bag of food and that was all. They only got that because I grabbed it and handed it to them. The vultures even went through our cooler takeing out of it the food they wanted to take home with them. So anyway we took note of it and will not provide extra foos for the vultures from this day forward.

We will cherish the memories, value all the pictures that was taken (we are hoping to get plenty), the videos that was shot (there was three vidio cameras running most of the time and one ran just about ALL the time.) and the blessings God gave us, amongst the before mentioned and love, sharing and coming together of good friends and family, not just those present but also those around the world and in here, by way of the internet. I can't wait to get some pictures and share them all with you.

Thank you all for being at our wedding in spirit. My husband was not really in favor of a hillbilly wedding, just went along with it to please me because he knew I wanted it so badly. He told me tonight that he was glad we did it. We got so many compliments on it and EVERYONE had lots of fun. We was told again and again that it was the best wedding they had attended and all weddings should be like this one. Our point was lets, relax, enjoy it, not get so serious about everything that we forget to have fun and build a very happy memory that we can look back years later and still smile about it. I think we did that, not just for us, but for everyone.

As for the vultures, may they rest in peace and live with themselves. We will not let them ruin our day.

------------------

Kindness is like a boomerang, the more you give, the more it comes back to you.

Sounds like a good time was had by all!

And as for the "vultures", well, maybe they were just adding to the "theme"? grin.gif

No, I can't imagine that "hill folk" would be that greedy. I imagine they'd bring food, not grab all they could get. frown.gif

I can't wait to see pictures!!

------------------

cat.jpg

Congratulations, Hill! I'm so glad you had a good day. I kind of wonder if the Lord allows things to not go perfect to remind us of the good of things...had the "volture" thing not happened, maybe you wouldn't appreciate so much the stuff that did go well (although I'm sure you would)! I hope I'm making sense...kind of like seeing the roses among the thorns, not the thorns in the roses.

Anyway, I am glad your day went so great. When we got married, we only had a cake reception, and all my husband and I got was the bite we fed eachother! My mother in law (and my my Mom a little, too) gave all the cake away. We had expected to come home to some delicious cake, but there was none! My DH still thinks he should have had some more! They did save top cake for our first year anniversary, but was frosty since it wasn't packaged too well.

So, I treassure the things that went well (I'm married, with or without the cake! wink.gif)and the fact that everything wasn't perfect just added to the joy of the things that were.

I can't wait to see pictures!

------------------

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His love endures forever!

Hey, just realized that I'd been reading about your wedding but hadn't remembered to congratulate you,hillbillee! I hope you are aways as happy as my dh and I are...and that is very,very happy. (-:

Congratulations!

It sounds like it would have been a fun wedding to photograph! Whenever I deliver a proof book the bride always talks about the thing that happened that was unplanned. That seems to be what is always remembered, so your guy with the gun behind your husband is a great one to remember. Have a happy honeymoon-for the next 50 or so years!

Miki

I am so happy for you! I sure wish I could have been there.

Now where are the pictures? you are an old married couple now...what a week? we want pictures!

Hugs to you and your DH!